RARE:
90-Screaming Skull Catapult

(See LP)-Casket Of Souls

Final Total: 1999

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this list took 2nd place in the RTT on 10/24/09.
It was a 3 round tournament, with points based upon the scale of victory, with army completion used as tiebreakers should we need them.

I was the odd man out first round so I had to take a bye. what that meant for me was that my victory points for the first round would be an average of my next two rounds victory points.

Competitors:
Vampire Counts
Warriors of Chaos
Lizardmen
Brittonia
Tomb Kings (myself)

it was a rather small turn out as per our normal tournaments.

r2: vS Lizardmen, a 2 stegodon list and lots of skinks. This list had beaten the Warriors of Chaos list in the first round.

I squeeked out a Massacre on this list with a few well placed bullseyes with my catapult decimating the armies lord and a stegodon making taking out the other stegodon much less work then it would have been normally.

r3: vS Warriors of Chaos, a very heavily cavalry based army list. This list massacred the brittonians in round 2. the brittonians which fought the VC in round 1 to a draw.

I suffered a solid loss to the Warriors of Chaos, the terrain we were given left me much to desire, but I stuck it clean, taking two board corners and neutralizing all but one character of his before the game end, but my magic was overpowered by his dice pool leaving my chariots in a bad position turn 4 were they were charged by 4 units. 2 of which were heavy cav, 2 light cav. i lost all my chariots and king to combat resolution, but i took out one of the heavy cav units durin combat, and one of the light cav with my curse. killing those two is what prevented me being massacred. All in all i like the list, but my shooting dissapointed me with my mass of archers killing no more then 400 points total i both games. But the catapult and casket... were fantastic as well as the Chariot King which i had not fielded before. I usually choose the foot king with DOE but with no foot melee units to plac him in that would have been foolish. the collar of shapesh on the casket priest worked very well with him shrugging off wounds to a archer unit very closeby.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats! That stinks about the WoC loss, but a 6th ed. army book will often have trouble with a 7th ed. opponent. It's ridiculous just how many power/dispel dice Chaos can get (both Warriors & Daemons). It's too bad you didn't have the jar nearby to squeak off the spell for the charge. Sounds like that would have been a game changer right there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
From my experience it's actually pretty crazy how often a victory was pulled out of my grasp because they dispelled a critical incantation to get off a charge.

In a tournament setting it's bound to happen sooner or later, especially with all the armies out there now capable of fielding a lot of dispel power.

·
Registered
373 Posts
only a couple months away arent we supposed to be acquiring our new book?

Nothing definite yet. In terms of age Beasts of Chaos would be next and then us. GW has stated that next year is going to be big for fantasy and so it's predicted that both of these armies will hopefully be getting a new book within the first quarter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts