Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after some deliberation, and a bit of not caring what people though of certain troop choices, I have compiled my 2000pt army list.

HQ
Daemon Prince
MoN
Wings
Warptime

Daemon Prince
MoN
Wings
Warptime

Troops
7 Plague Marines
Champ with Fist (included in the 7)
2 Meltas
Rhino

7 Plague Marines
Champ with Fist (included in the 7)
2 Meltas
Rhino

8 Berzerkers
Skull Champ with Fist
Rhino

8 Berzerkers
Skull Champ with Fist
Rhino

Fast Attack
5 Raptors
2 Meltas

Heavy Support
Defiler
Defiler
3 Obliterators

Now everyone keeps telling me that I should leave out the Raptors as they are a fire magnet. For me however, thats kind of the idea. There are plenty of other items on the table that are far more scary than the Raptors, so if they provide a turn 1 bullet magnet thats great, just means I get 2 defilers/4 rhinos/2 daemon princes/ 3 obliterators that aren't dead yet.

The only variation I was thinking was maybe dropping the meltas on the raptors for flamers and a MoS, just to make them extra assaulty, but that would break the nurgle/khorne list I have going on and I really don't want to do that.

I do not know how aggressive this list is in a 2k point game, as I am still painting most of them, and refuse to field them until they are finished. I love playing my armies aggressively though, and hate having to sit back and wait for my opponent to come to me. Once this list is finished I will see how aggressive I can really be with it.

So, any questions, comments, or concerns would be greatly appreciated.

·
4,967 Posts
They are a bullet magnate on turn one but the problem is the enemy have nothing else to shoot at on turn one other than the raptors. If they were not on the board the enmy couldn't really use bolters, heavy bolters etc against your troops because of the rhinos (and smoke).

Ditch them for 5 sonic blaster noise marines to hold a home objective from cover while still laying down plenty of assault 2 or heavy 3 firesupport. Also get a single unit icon in a rhino squad in case you fancy teleporting the oblits. Drop a PF to PW on a berrserker squad to free up the points and make use of the I5 from furious charge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think about using Noise Marines, but I wanted to keep fluff so I went with the raptors. While unmarked they aren't an unfluffy choice really.

On the oblits, I would deepstrike them, but the fact that I can lose out on 225pts on firepower because I roll horribly makes me wary. In lower points games where I run them as single man squads, I will deepstrike them, and have on 2 occasions, had them not enter play.

I have never thought of dropping the pfist. In every game I have played that thing has easily earned every point back on any squad I put it in. Had a vanilla csm drop a Hive Tyrant with one, and my zerker champ really rocks house with it. I just like them as people (everywhere) tend to play SM, or at least a mech list, and at S5, a power weapon wont stop a dread.

One of the local GW emplyees runs a list with no pfists, but uses instead all Nurgle, 2 princes, and a GD, and hopes it doesn't pop too soon. I like knowing for a fact I have some way to deal with every eventuality.

·
318 Posts
I like the list as is. While Raptors can be a quickly dead fire magnet, so are Defilers, and DPs. You've got a lot of threat for your opponent to worry about.

And with four Rhinos, there's enough mobile cover for your DPs, and the Raptors, so I wouldn't worry too much. They're cheap (back to Raptors), and can split off from their Rhino hideaway on an opportune turn to provide melta shots where needed - keeps your Rhino PM squads from having to chase armor.

Also, this has to be an aggressive list to work, so it sounds like it's good for your play-style. Everything will move 12" first turn if needed (outside of your heavy support), and get right up in the opponent's face. There's a lot of coherency with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts