Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first list on here was looking for some guidance.

Gte bray Sharman l4 uncanny senses amulet of protection jagged dagger ehw 302

Wargor bsb banner of beast heavy armor shield gnarled hide
Bray Sharman l2 dispel scroll amulet of protection ehw 358

40 gors ehw full command
40 gors ehw full command
30 ungors full command
5 ungors raiders
5 ungor raiders 915

30 beastigor full command banner of discipline ranhorn helm 420

Puts me at 1995 let me know what you think cheers.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
A bit low on chaff (though I recognize there's not a lot that can be done there), and I don't really see what the unit of Gors that doesn't have the Beast Banner BSB will be doing in this list. I'd take some of those points and bring a couple of cheap Shamans and the Shard of the Herdstone for some extra magic muscle. The rest I'd dedicate to bulking up those Ungors a bit - 10 more guys will make that block a lot sturdier.

One thing I'll note is that you can't have the Ramhorn Helm on the Bestigor Champion - he gets a Gift of Chaos if you choose to give it to him, not a magic item. Frankly, the Ramhorn Helm won't help him much even if you could give it to him.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Hey dude :) Welcome to LO. I'm not exactly a beast expert having just started them myself but I've a few comments anyway.

At first glance your list lacks hard hitters. You have loads of anvils but nothing that really hits HARD. The Bestigor do, obviously, but at 2000pts I'd like and expect to see some more hard hitters in there. Everything other than the Bestigors are Str3 and that's not going to win many fights for you. Maybe ditch the Ungors for some chariots or some variety of Monster? As for the rest...

Great Bray Shaman. If you want this guy to hack things apart in combat then you need to make him killier and more durable. The talisman of Protection isn't enough. go for the Talisman of Preservation and see if you can squeeze in the Fencers blades as well. Not only will if reduce the amount of attacks landing on your General you'll also be landing more hits on the enemy. Plus, magical attacks are always good.

Shaman: You can't 'double up' on magic items. They're all considered unique so you'll have to drop the Amulet. What Lores are you going for on the Shamans anyway?

Core: Unless those units are housing a character then there is no need for any of the unit champions.

Bestigor: The Ramhorn helm isn't needed. In fact, the chances are your Champion wont be getting much of a save anyway so passing it is easier said than done. Invest the points else where.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts