Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to improve my army to a standard all-comers list. What do you think of this? Which of the 3rd hero options is best do you think?

LORD:
Arch Lec+A of MI+VHS+gw=186

HEROES:
Capt(BSB)+fp+barb horse+sword of might=112
Wizard(lvl2)+2 scrolls=150

War priest+ha+shield+barb horse+DF ring+biting blade=145 OR
Captain+pegasus+fp+shield+lance+DF ring=144 OR
Wizard(lvl2)+rod of power=130

CORE:
24 swordsmen+fc=169
8 halberds(swordsmen detach)=40
10 crossbows=80
18 flaggies=180
5 knights+m=123

SPECIAL:
Cannon
mortar
19 greatswords+fc=220
8 halberds(greatswords detach)=40
5 pistoliers+m+outrider+repeat pis=114

RARE:
Helblaster
3 Ironguts+m=154

TOTAL=1998 (depending on hero choice!)

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
One of the moderators is going to blast you for posting your list this way - I would change it so it's a bit more legible.LORD:
Arch Lec+A of MI+VHS+gw=186 no war alter?

HEROES:
Capt(BSB)+fp+barb horse+sword of might=112barded horse - what's this guy's point? What is his role? I don't get what he does for your army.

Out of these 3 I would take the bottom 2 (captain on peggy and wizard lvl2 with rod of power. I would dump the captain with the sword of might. That would give you a good warmachine hunter, poor leadership hunter and a serious boost to your magic phase.
War priest+ha+shield+barb horse+DF ring+biting blade=145 OR
Wizard(lvl2)+rod of power=130

CORE:
24 swordsmen+fc=169
10 crossbows=80
18 flaggies=180
5 knights+m=123

SPECIAL:
Cannon
mortar
19 greatswords+fc=220
8 halberds(greatswords detach)=40

RARE:
Helblaster
3 Ironguts+m=154
let me know how it plays

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the thoughts.

To explain; the BSB is there to help hold the line. Generally empire troops need all the help they can get I've found! He is mounted for the extra armour save but still resides in a foot-troop unit. Maybe not fluffy, but legal and oh so handy!

He has helped my army out loads several times.

The Arch Lector isn't on the walter as I like to run balanced competitive lists. I realise it is seriously powerful, I just don't want to use it yet. Maybe that's a mistake but hey.

The army was built along the theme of an arch lector going on some holy war/quest and this was the army that went with him. That's why the ogres are in it; mercenaries hired along the way (plus I also really wanted the models!)

Do you think the ironguts will be worth it? It's just they're expensive but can pack a serious punch.

As for the 3rd hero slot, I think your right, either the wizard or pegasus capt is the best choice. I think I'll try the pegasus capt again and see how he does. With him I then have several manouverable units. Always a good thing!

Would like to hear your views on the ogres though. Are they worth it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another revsion!

Having had another think I have come up with this. The biggest change is dropping the greatswords for another block of swordsmen. The theory being, I know I loose a stubborn unit, but I get more men for less cost that will probabally be just as effective. That allows me to get the second cannon replacing the mortar.

Then I am thinking of dropping the champion on the pistoliers and using spare points to get the mace of helstrum on my arcl lec. This makes sure that if big nasties get past the artillery they can still be squashed.

What ya think? Will the greatswords loss be to much?

LORD:
Arch Lec+A of MI+VHS+gw=186

HEROES:
Capt(BSB)+fp+barb horse+sword of might=112

Wizard(lvl2)+rod of power=130 (can change about depending on oppenent!)

CORE:
24 swordsmen+fc=169
24 swordsmen+fc=169
10 crossbows=80
18 flaggies=180
5 knights+m=123

SPECIAL:
Cannon
Cannon

RARE:
Helblaster
3 Ironguts+m=154

TOTAL=1971

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
sorry, ignore what I said about your captain. For some reason (it was late or I was tired) I didn't read the BSB part that was in capitals. My eyes just skipped that part. I thought you just had a captain with sword of might all by himself.

I do like this set up on your archlector better than the one in your other post. (VHS works better than the Mace I think)

·
Registered
77 Posts
when you have an AL as your lord you can take 1 unit of flaggies as a core choice.
That...makes me....sooo HAPPY! I'm going to be starting an Empire army and flaggies are a big part of my strategy. Its really frustrating though, in 2 weeks I haven't had the opportunity to go to the local store and buy the army book...must make a note to do it this weekend...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.