Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I plan to build a Templars army as a second 40k army in addition to my Eldar.

Since the Templars have many disadvantages i tried to build an army which should be at leats a bit competitive. What do you guys think?

HQ: Master of Sanctity (8#, 589 Pts)
1 Master of Sanctity @ 589 Pts
Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Crozius Arcanum; Furious Charge; Crusader Seals; Holy Orb of Antioch; Rosarius; Command Squad; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
1 Crusader Seals @ [0] Pts
1 Holy Orb of Antioch @ [10] Pts
1 Rosarius @ [0] Pts
1 Terminator Honors @ [15] Pts
5 Command Squad @ [448] Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolter (x1); Bolt Pistol & CCW (x4); Furious Charge; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
1 Land Raider Crusader @ [298] Pts
Multi-Melta; Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Hurricane Bolters (x2); Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch; Dozer Blade; Extra Armor; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers
1 Blessed Hull @ [25] Pts
1 Sergeant @ [50] Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1); Furious Charge; Terminator Honors; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch

: Emperor's Champion (1#, 110 Pts)
1 Emperor's Champion @ 110 Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; The Black Sword; Crusader Seals; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
1 The Black Sword @ [0] Pts
1 Armor of Faith @ [0] Pts
1 Crusader Seals @ [0] Pts

Elite: Sword Brethren Squad (9#, 205 Pts)
8 Sword Brethren Squad @ 205 Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x8); Furious Charge; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
1 Sword Brethren Veteran @ [45] Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & Power Fist; Furious Charge; Terminator Honors; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch

Troops: Crusader Squad (10#, 161 Pts)
5 Crusader Squad @ 161 Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x4); Close Combat Weapon (x3); Plasmagun; Power Fist; Neophytes; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
5 Neophytes @ [55] Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x5); Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch

Troops: Crusader Squad (10#, 161 Pts)
5 Crusader Squad @ 161 Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x4); Close Combat Weapon (x3); Plasmagun; Power Fist; Neophytes; Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch
5 Neophytes @ [55] Pts
Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol & CCW (x5); Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch

Heavy Support: Land Raider (1#, 258 Pts)
1 Land Raider @ 258 Pts
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon (x2); Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch; Extra Armor; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers

1 Land Raider @ 258 Pts
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon (x2); Abhor The Witch, Destroy The Witch; Extra Armor; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers

1 Land Raider @ 258 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

I hope it isn't too hard to read, it's Army Builder output.

The EC will ride with the Sword Brethren in one of the LRs. The Command Squad is kind of small and perhaps too weak, I know. Do you think it'll be better to expand it, while changing the sword brethren unit to a third crusader unit?

I hope you could give me some advice! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not bad but you're playing on one of the Templars biggest advantage by putting them in tanks if you have them footslogging you can feild alot more and replace the LR's with Preds or vindicators with POMS but as is you could probably do that as a mech army

·
Registered
193 Posts
!!! damn thats a lot of land raiders!! looks like it could be a part of an apocolypse army to me. My suggetion would be toget rid of the 3 land raiders, and that leaves you with a crap load of points. throw some dreads in there, some land speeders, and put either preds or whirlwinds on the heavy support. that'll still leave you with like 100-200 extra points. this you should use to either upgrade your HQ or your troops.

land raiders are nice, but waaaaaay too vulnerable for sooooo much points. a lucky lascannon shot, or even a melta gun shot could cost you 258 victory points easily. and don't forget about those damn necrons....... glancing on a 6 no matter what.

But you should try out the list first and see how it works for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm you'r right the raiders soak up kinda lot of points, but they are such a perfect transport... if I replace them with Preds, I could get more troops, but will they reach the enemy before being gunned down?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts