Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello again. Here is my finalized 2000 point list with an 'anti-magic' theme. This list utilizes all models that I have so it is playable right away. The reason I say this is, I would want to stick fell bats in here but I do not have them yet. It is nearly done but unpolished so I would like some input of how to polish this baby up.

Vampire Lord - 450
+1 Magic Lvl
Master of the Dark Arts
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Book of Arkhan
Blood Drinker
Flayed Hauberk

Vampire - 190
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Helm of Commandment
Enchanted Shield

Vampire - 180
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Nightshroud
Sword of Might

2x 10 skeleton warriors - 200
Full Command

20 Zombies - 80

5 Dire Wolves - 40

2x Corpse Carts - 200
Balefire

19 Grave Guard - 277
Full Command
Great Weapons

Black Coach - XXX

Vargulf - XXX

Lord goes with the grave guard, that should provide enough protection for him, even from challenges with the unit champion in there. Each of the two 'twin sister' vampires (as I like to call them) go with the small units of skeletons on either side of the grave guard. These units should focus on being pumped up to at least 20 strong for the first couple turns of the game. Corpse Carts are to go in between the grave guard and skeletons. The necromancer may or may not be mounted on one of them and attached to either a skeleton unit of the grave guard. zombies will be in front of everything as a cheap and easily raised screen. Black coach will be behind the grave guard being fed by all casters, hopefully powered up early on in game. Vargulf and wolves will act as flankers or a screen for the coach as needed.

I'm hoping that this will be true to Vampire Counts tactica of attrition/SCR as well as having some nice fluff elements in it as well. Thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This list was a rather disappointment. A star dragon killed my coach around second turn, and proceeded to destroy the rear of my basic fighting line.

Vargulf bulldozed up the side decently and a lucky fear check took care of the cavalry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.