Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've been playing WH40K for quite sometime now, and I finally decided to give Eldar a go. I've played tons of matches against them, and have seen plenty of different armies. I want to do a heavy shooty army, with emphasis on rangers. Critique it up, yo.

Farseer w/ Singing Spear and Fortune - 88 points

8 Ranger Pathfinders - 192 points

8 Ranger Pathfinders - 192 points

6 Fire Dragons and 1 Exarch - 124 points

6 Fire Dragons and 1 Exarch - 124 points

Three squads of 2 Vypers w/ Two shuriken cannons - 360 points

Fireprism w/ Vectored Engines - 135 points

9 Wraithguard + warlock - 340 points

2 Wraithlords w/ starcannons & missle launchers - 290 points

I pretty much want to play a "come and get me" strategy. Infiltrate Pathfinders, back them up with fire dragons, piss people off with the vypers, and tank hunt with wraithlords and fireprism. I'm still not sold on having the wraithguard. Experienced playerds might focus in on them, though I would use fortune on them to hopefully keep them alive. Leave me some input.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Good. Fortune on an avatar works wonders.

Troops: Pathfinders are less than great. One unit of 5-6 is acceptable but they don't kill things fast enough to be worth the considderable cost. Hellhounds also kill them with ease.
I would reccomend getting Dire avengers to surround the avatar and benefit from fearless.

Elites: If these guys are not in a transport they die very easily. They just have such large firepower and such little protection as to make shooting them first a no brainer. Drop the exarchs. 5-6 man units in a falcon can work or cut them to one squad with a serpent.

Wraithguard: Probably the unit could be a bit smaller. Warlock power of conceal is recommended for such a valuable unit. Casting fortune on them with a 2+/5+ rerollable save and huge toughness is fantastic too. with 2 wraith lords too I would upgrade the warlock to a spirit seer for a bit of redundancy.

Vipers: Perfect

Prism: Need holofields before even thinking about VE.

Wraithlords: BL & ML is preferable as your anti tank firepower is a bit short range at the moment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see Wraithguard as having a 2+ save. its a 3+. But i see the point in that. I'll move that around. Also, I think I'll try to fit a Wave Serpent in there to transport the fire dragons around. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.