heavy-
monolith

total=2005 pts

just one 26th game in a row with this list
pm for tactics:beauty:

·
Registered
45 Posts
To bad it's 5 points over and therefore not tournament legal. Plus I'm strict when it comes to points, why set a point value if youre not going to obey it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a 5 pt allowance for tournies i dont know wat tournament you went to but all they ones ive been to have 5 point alowances

·
Registered
45 Posts
Obviously you haven't been to offical tournaments. Your little local in-house game store tournaments from buck town Mississippi probably just allow a 5 pt overage because no one in your town has taken a math class.

·
Registered
122 Posts
While I agree that the point cost is odd (and misleading), that is no reason to be an asshole Astronomer. Obviously wherever you grew up didn't teach basic rules on how not to be a dick.

Green : Looks like a strong list. I would generally be in favor of adding another lith for the extra teleport, but if you are having success there is no reason to change it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
While I agree that the point cost is odd (and misleading), that is no reason to be an asshole Astronomer. Obviously wherever you grew up didn't teach basic rules on how not to be a dick.

Green : Looks like a strong list. I would generally be in favor of adding another lith for the extra teleport, but if you are having success there is no reason to change it.
Pot, meet kettle.

As for the list, if it works in your area more power to you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good list but how do you survive against combat armys? it would be easy to sweeping advance your lord and warriors and you wouldn't get your WBB rolls.

Obviously you haven't been to offical tournaments. Your little local in-house game store tournaments from buck town Mississippi probably just allow a 5 pt overage because no one in your town has taken a math class.
nitpicker much? seriously it's only 5pts let it go.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is it really that big of a deal? Can 5 points really be the difference between victory and defeat? I'm asking cuz I've never played before (new to the hobby, still trying to choose first army).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is it really that big of a deal? Can 5 points really be the difference between victory and defeat? I'm asking cuz I've never played before (new to the hobby, still trying to choose first army).
In a tournament absolutely, why have rules if you are not going to follow them. It's just one more thing for people to argue about. That is the reason why I would never go over, having to listen to someone complain about it the whole match or getting dinged in army comp or sportsmanship scores if those are being used.

In a everyday friendly game, I wouldn't care at all. If I was playing someone for the first time or somewhere new, I would ask my opponent if they cared and if they did, adjust from there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So back then they didn't for you?
I know in tournaments you can't go overboard on points, if you do it is only going to bite you in the ass later when they check your list and find out it was over the agreed points.

not exactly a smart move.

i'm going to assume the OP is playing friendly games in which 5pts isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
green cronzz
Firstly, I'm so happy that someone is undefeated with 5th edition necrons :)
This list is very strong -almost unkillable- with 50 warrriors, a monolith and a teleporting lord in the battlefield.
BUT, I still think that this list can be easily countered by swarm armies such as orks or nids. Oh, and I forgot MECH IG with 6 LRs and 3 basilisks (just ridiculous but still playable).
They can phase out you before your warriors even glance their tanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts