Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this be me first attempt at a battle report so go easy on me. Being a saurus general, me mind aint to quick either so the lists are off the top of me'ead.
Keep in mind, this be only the second time my opponent has played, and being a historical gamer, has little to no idea of how the magic system works :sinister:

Stain Removers of the Old Ones

Slann - BSB, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Bane head, Cupped Hands (Lore of Beasts)
Skink Priest - EotG, Rod of Storm, Plaque of Tepok (Lore of Heavens - Forked Lightning, Celestial Shield, Comet of Cassandora) (PR)

18 x Saurus Warriors - Spears (SW)
10 x Skink Skirmishes (SK)
10 x Skink Skirmishes (SK)

14 x Temple Gaurd - Full Command, Sun standard of Chotec, Sword of Battle (TG)
6 x Coldone Cavalry - Full Command, Huanchi's Blessed Totem (CO)
6 x Coldone Cavalry - Full Command, War Banner (CO)

The Stain
Not too sure how accurate this be.

Empire Captain - War Horse, Magic Armour?, Magic Sword?
Wizard - lvl 2

7 x Knightly order - Full Command (KO)
25 x Spearmen - Full Command (SP)
10 x Hangunner Detachment (HGD)
10 x Halberdier Detachment (HBD)
25 x Halberdiers - Full Command (HB)
10 x Crossbow Detachment (CBD)
25 x Spearmen - Full Command (SP)
10 x Halberdier Detachment (HBD)

8 x Knights of the Inner Circle - Full Command (ICK)
2 x Great Canons (CN)

Setup from left to right (empire)
Church]KO -ICK(Captain)-(CN-HGD on hill)-SP(with wiz)-HBD-HB-(CN-CBD on hill)-SP-HBD

----FOREST---- ROCK SWAMP

(lizardmen)
--------CO-------SK------------------TG(Slann)-SW---PR--------------------CO-----------SK

Turn 1. (He rolled to go first, but passed to me :sinister:)'Let the Cleaning Begin' Muhaha!
LIZARDS <--- thats me!

Movement: Cold ones on the left moved up into charge range of his KO Knights, TG and SW marched on up, PR on the engine hid behind a rock, SK on left marched into forest, SK on right into swamp, CO on right marched into charge range of his CBD and SP on the hill ready for next turn.

Magic: Engine uses ward save ability granting TG, SW, and himself 5+ against missile fire, PR casts Celestial Shield on himself 4+ ward against missile fire, PR casts Forked Lightning on HGD but gets dispelled. Slann Casts Crows Feet on HGD getting 11hits, killing 6, Casts Hunters Spear on Wizards unit killing 5 :O, then proceeds to cast Beast Cowers on the KO knights, stopping them from charging the CO next turn.

Shooting: -

Combat: -

EMPIRE<--- boo! thats him

Movement: Declares a charge on CO on left side with his ICK, but falls short by an inch, Slightly alters facing of right flank SP/HBD.

Magic: Fails to get anything off, due to overwhelming number of dispel dice.

Shooting: CN on left missfires (let him off without chart effect), CN on right hits 4 SW wounds 2, lol....:sarcastic: kills 1, thnx to 5+ ward, HGD fail to hit TG due to Sun Standard, CBD fire on CO, hitting 4, wounding 2, both pass saves. (The Stain fail to Impress with their superior fire power due mainly to the lack of understanding of the old ones plans...for shame!!!)

Combat: -

Turn 2. (By far the most one sided dice rolling i have ever witnessed)

LIZARDS<--- Winning, yay!!

Movement: CO on the left charge KO knights, who pass fear test, and stand ground, CO on the right charge the CBD instead of the SP as i had overun potential into the CN. SK on the left march up into the face of the canon, TG, SW continue their path forward, PR moves up behind them, SK on the right move up to be just in range of the halberd detchment.

Magic: Engine puts up the ward again, PR fires Forked Lightning at the HGD and kills 2, the unit then panics and runs. Then the PR so carefully places a marker behind his Wiz's SP unit, warning of the galactic impact soon to come Muhahahahahaha! :sinister: "Comet of Cassandora"
Slann casts Crows Feet and Hunters Spear at the wizards unit, killing 6 in total, forcing a test, which is easily passed, followed by the beast cowers on his ICK which practically has kept his knights out of the game completely.

Shooting: Skinks on the right fire 10 shots at the HBD hitting 3, killing 1...wow....

Combat: CO on the left kill 4 KO to their 0, autobreak them and follow them off the board, CO on the right kill 9 of the CBD autobreak them and pursue into the CN, CN crew fail their fear test and run, forcing the HB unit next door to panic and flee to within 1" of the table edge, CO fail to capture CN crew.

EMPIRE<---Taste good!

Movement: HOLD IT!!! gotta test for the Comet... Bam!! it arrives just on time, kills 7 of the Wiz's SP unit, leaving only 12, also wipes out HBD. Fails to rally most things, so calls game.

Overview: Very solid magical victory to the lizardmen, I advised him, he should have taken first turn with a shooty army, Wiz needed scrolls (which he will ofcourse learn as he gets used to the system). He wanted to see how magic can affect the game of warhammer and i was happy to show him, we both enjoyed ourselves, and had a laugh at how terrible his rolling was.

Hope y'all liked my first unbiased battle report, hopefully many more to come in the future. And do expect to see lizard heads fall, as for some reason the old ones plans involved them losing battles???

chickenout.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry i should also have said....."Sorry if the spelling and grama was a little hard to swallow but... too lazy to double over sorry. Also, any criticism about the way it was layed out or portrayed is welcome, ty"

·
Registered
792 Posts
You can't have two arcane items on your EoTGs.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Im sorry, but I had to point out the following..... :p

Slann Casts Crows Feet on HGD getting 11hits, killing 6
"Oi! Watch out now! That fat toady thing is giving us all a horrid case of wrinkles around our eyes! Dies a horrible wrinkly eyed death....

Hehehe, I would watch out for the grammar thing though. While it may be a pain to go back over your post, it is in the forum rules. It seems like it would be easier also then actually making the effort to type out an accent anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.