Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to create a Tau Army all comers list (I know its not easy), but would value input from Tau players.

Main armies I am likely to face are Tyranid (Zilla/Steeler Shock), Eldar (Eldrad as Quarterback with Harlies, Scorpions, Spiders etc) and heavily tooled up Chaos Marines.

its a 2000pts list that can go to 2500pts, is that wise with the Tau list?

HQ:
1 x Shas'O with MP and plasma and HW multi, HW Drone controller and 2 Shield Drones, 142pts

1 x Shas'el PR MP TA MT 97pts

Elites:
2 x XV8 Deathrains comprising:
1 x Twin linked Missile Pods, TA
1 x Team leader has HW Target lock 116pts

Stealth Team: 6 X XV25's with Burst Cannons 180pts

Troops:
12 x Fire Warriors, all have rifles (1 FW upgrade to Shas'Ui).
Transport Fish with MT DC 225

12 x Fire Warriors, all have rifles (1 FW upgrade to Shas'Ui).

10 x Kroot with 8 x Hounds 118pts

Fast attack:
Pathfinders X 8 (with Shas'Ui upgrade with HW TL) 111pts
Devilfish 120pts (SMS, TA, Multi and decoys)

Heavy:
XV88 Team Leader with A'S'S, HW target lock, BS filter and HW multi, HW DC and 2 Shield Drones 130pts
1 x XV88 with A,S,S and BS filter 85pts
Team bonded 5pts

2 X Hammerheads with RG, BC, Multi and DL's 330pts

Is this list good as an all comers? Its at 2000pts what improvements would you advise? ALSO, i am willing to consider 2500pts if so what chages would you make?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Any Suggestions?

Do i have sufficent power to deal with Armour? I' ve also thought about the following changes to the list?

HQ:

Possibly drop the shield drones so he's still and IC and clone the Shas'el?

Elites:

I could go for the fireknife instead of deathrain. I think i need more crisis suits, I could drop the Stealths for more crisis suits?.

Troops: I could take less fire warriors and get warfishes. I could also drop the Kroot?

FA: I could also drop the PathFinders, putting those points towards warfishes and crisis suits?

Would this be wise?

·
Registered
230 Posts
HQ: Drop the 'O, and 'clone' the 'El.
Elites: I'd say drop the Team Leader w/ Target Lock. You should be fifing both Deathrains at one target. As good as they are, a single Deathrain cannot guarantee a kill, even against a simple Rhino.
I like the Stealths, though.
Troops: I like the FWs with DFs, but change the DF's upgrades. Either make it as cheap as possible (just DL, possible DP), or go all-out and make it a Warfish. Also, don't be afraid of giving your 'Uis Bonding Knives. At a mere 5 pts each, they can be well worth it if you think you'll need it.
I like the Kroot.
Heavy: Give the Broadsides TA instead of ASSs. Deploy them in cover, and they'll survive to start shooting.
Personally, I give my HHs DP, DL, TLs, and MTs. All those upgrades are well worth the points.

Now to see if it all fits into a 2k list..

I'll look more into this tomorrow. For now, I am tired.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How is this any better?
OPTION 1
HQ

Shas’el with plasma rifle, cyclonic ion blaster, targeting array, hard-wired multi-tracker, hard- wired drone controller, 2 shield drones – 130 points

Shas’el with plasma rifle, missile pod, targeting array, hard-wired multi-tracker – 97 points

Elites:

Stealth team: 6 X XV25's with Burst Cannons 180pts

Troops:
12 x Fire warriors, all have rifles (1 FW upgrade to Shas'Ui).

Fast attack:
Pathfinders X 8 (with Shas'Ui upgrade with HW TL) 111pts
Warilfish 120pts (SMS, TA, Multi and decoys)

Gun Drone Squad :8 Gun Drones: 96 points.

Heavy:

1 broadside with railgun, smart missile systems, advanced stabilization system, 1 team leader with railgun, smart missile systems, advanced stabilization system, hard-wired drone controller, 2 shield drones, bonding knife – 200 points

2 X Hammerheads with RG, BC, Multi and DC's 330pts

Would this be any more effective against MEQ armies?

OPTION 2

=HQ=
Shas’El Battlesuit Commander,
Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker: 97 points.

Shas’El Battlesuit Commander,
Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker: 97 points

=Elites=
Crisis Team (2 man) (A: Team Leader, Flamer, Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, HW-Multitracker, HW-Target Lock. B: Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multitracker)

Crisis Team (3 man)
3x plasma rifles, 3x fusion blaster, 1x Multi-trackers, Team Leader, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-wired Drone Controller, 2x Shield Drones, bonding knife -236

Stealth Suit Squad Alpha:
6 Suits: 180 points.

=Troops=
Firewarrior Squad Alpha:
12 Firewarriors (one Shas'Ui upgrade) Pulse Rifles, Bonded: 135 points.
(Warilfish, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker, SMS, TA)

Firewarrior Squad Beta:
12 Firewarriors (one Shas'Ui upgrade) Pulse Rifles, Bonded: 135 points.
(Warilfish, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker, SMS, TA)

=Fast Attack=
8 Pathfinders (8 x carbine/markerlight), Shas'ui, Target Lock (Warilfish, Decoy Launchers, Multitracker, SMS, TA)

Gun Drone Squad Alpha:
8 Gun Drones: 96 points.

Gun Drone Squad Beta:
8 Gun Drones: 96 points.

=Heavy=
1 broadside with railgun, smart missile systems, advanced stabilization system, 1 team leader with railgun, smart missile systems, advanced stabilization system, hard-wired drone controller, 2 shield drones, bonding knife – 200 points

Could consider to replace 2 Broadside units with:-

1 hammerhead with railgun, smart missile systems, decoy launchers, multi-tracker, target lock – 180 points.

1 hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, decoy launchers, multi-tracker, target lock – 170 points.

What would you recommend?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.