Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This part of the site looks pretty dead so any reply will suprise me in fact i challenge you to reply!!!

Sorcerer Lord

Sorcerer

CD Hero BSB
-Armour Of the furnace

CD Hero
-Armour of Gazrakh
-Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

20 CD
-F/C

20 CD
-F/C

15 BB CD

2 Earthshakers

4 Bolt Throwers

24 Orc Boyz
-F/C

18 Arrer Boyz
-F/C

10 Hobgoblin WolfRiders
-Sheilds, Light Armour

32 Hobgoblins

This comes to 2k Exactly 2pt Hobbos are nice.

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Very late response, but the earliest post on this forum-looks pretty irritating for most opponents.

I would only have to say that if a TK player manages to get some carrion or scropions to those earthshakers, you'd have quite a tough time of it.

Cheers:drinking:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am curious what your strategy is for this army.

I am guessing that you are planning on sitting back ( as dwarves do)

I've noticed that you have taken a sorcerer Lord, have you thought about running 2 standard Sorcerers and a Dwarf Lord instead? Give you some more hitting power in CC.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
I know very little about Chaos Dwarfs (yes it's not Dwarves, not in WFB at least), nevertheless I shall attempt to give advise.

Sorcerer Lord
What about an upgrade to Lv 4? You could also try the Chalice of Darkness. Basically you use it when you know you only have 1 or 2 spells that are in range/usefull so less power dice is fine but less enemy dice is crucial, you can also do it to remove dice from a single wizards private pool (from 7th ed) who is out of range or has no good spells. Power stones are also wanted muchly.

Once again, how about lv 2? Powerstones?

CD Hero BSB
-Armour Of the furnace
Armour of the furnace is very expensive for what it does (4+ save and 5+ ward). I think Armour of Gazrakh is better.

CD Hero
-Armour of Gazrakh
Drop Armour of Gazrakh to give to the BSB (who is alot more important then this guy) and get a great weapon or additional hand weapon and heavy armour.

20 CD
-F/C

20 CD
-F/C
There is no command option for these guys (at least not in my Personal Defence File...hehehe:p)

I assume BB means Blunderbuss? I'm interested to see how these fair.

2 Earthshakers

4 Bolt Throwers
oh deary me...

24 Orc Boyz
-F/C
Don't you think some better weapons (for instance: additional choppa) would be good?

18 Arrer Boyz
-F/C
I don't think your allowed to get these unless they are an upgrade for orc boyz and not their own unit (I don't have the new orc and gobbo book so I don't know). I would suggest some black orcs anyway to quell animosity in the other greenies. You could also, turn them into goblin archers for the numbers factor (but I believe their mimimum unit size is 20 which could pose a problem) (goblin archers are cheaper then hobgoblin archers right?).

10 Hobgoblin WolfRiders
-Sheilds, Light Armour
Either drop these or get another unit of them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
sorry for the post coming so late, but...

I agree with kroxigor, though i'm not entirely sure the chalice of darkness would work that way (i think it all just comes from the common pool, making it an amazing offense weapon by removing opponent's dispell dice)

I'm not entirely sure what you're going for on the second CD hero. I really suggest dropping him, or replacing him with a hobgoblin hero if you're just running him around on his own. (hobbie hero, gauntlets, and a great weapon = great and cheap chariotbuster/troubleshooter)

I disagree with Krox on the warriors, the PDF specifies how much each unit can have a command for at the beginning (not under the unit selection itself... strange ravening hordes formatting).

Warmachines look good, though your opponent may be crying cheese with two earthshakers on the board. If you want that, fine, if not, i'd suggest scrounging the points for a unit of 5 or 6 bull centaurs with heavy armor. (drop the Arrer boys and you'll be fine for it)

The orc boyz seem good, if kinda sparse on items... if you're going offense with them, put an additional choppa in 'em, or if you decide on a more greenskin heavy force, up them to big'uns and give them the banner of slavery.

The wolf riders look like a nice harrassment unit, i've not tried them out yet but it should be nice for marchblocking some units.

Again, Arrer boys are not allowed by the Chaos dwarf's list. either drop them for hobgoblins with bows and perhaps light armor, or use their points towards magic items and upgrades for sorcies and/or a bull centaur unit if you take my advice on removing one earthshaker.

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This army was a converting work in progress that stopped when i got ill and had to go to hospital for an op, so i only got to play with a 1k army.

Thanks for the feedback I'll explain some of my choices.

The sorcerers do have the lv2/4 upgrades but no equipment as i couldn't fit it in.

The CD BSB is equipped for a bit of survivability while the other is to add some punch to a CD unit.

The 2 CD blocks are there because they have to and to give the characters a bit of protection.

The Blunderbuss CD are there because they are unique and have some potential.

Earthshakers are to control enemy movement, 2 in case one goes down. Bolt throwers because there dirt cheap.

The basic orcs are kept cheap as that is there most efficient set up. The arrer boyz are there to help protect the warmachines. I dont think many people who are playing against an army thats list is on a dated pdf will protest to arrer boyz and a majority of tournaments that allow CD allow them to take arrer boyz.

The wolf riders are to harass and flank.

The basic hobgoblins are simple cannon fodder.

The plan is to hurt the enemy from range and mess up the plans with earthshakers, then hopefully finish them off with tough orcs and dwarfs.

It looks like i wont finish the army for a while as my main army vampire counts, as you all know is being redone very soon so i will be concentrating on them.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I've played CD a little bit and I'll give you my thoughts on how to play the list (I played a similar list)

Sorcerer Lord this guy needs to be loaded to the hilt, usually 3 power stones and 1 scroll, otherwise, you'll never have enough power dice to warrant having the level 4 on him. He'll only get to cast 2 spells a turn without them.
Sorcerer scroll and power stone for this guy too.
CD Hero BSB
-Armour Of the furnace look into getting bull centaurs for your remaining heroes and bsb. They are a little more expensive, but well worth it. how many T5 guys are there with armor save of 1? Give him a sword of might or great weapon and he is a beast. Very hard to kill.
CD Hero
-Armour of Gazrakh

20 CD
-F/C you could slim these down to 19 and drop the musician for extra points. If there is a character close (your general) then you're rallying on a 10 anyway. There are a few ties in combat, but your leadership is so high, you ought to make most break tests. If you fail a break test, your probably going to lose the unit anyway, so musicians aren't worth the price imo in this army.

20 CD
-F/C

15 BB CD

2 Earthshakers, really nasty, you may lose friends playing this way.4 Bolt Throwers

24 Orc Boyz
-F/C

18 Arrer Boyzkind of big and expensive for what they do, but maybe you're spreading them out or on a hill, I think light armor and shield is better or 2 choppas, but that's my experience.
-F/C

10 Hobgoblin WolfRiders I'd drop these for another hobgoblin shield unit. These guys as cavalry seems like a good way to lose a bunch of points. Away fromthe general their leadership sucks and they're not that great in combat and really unwieldy in movement.
-Sheilds, Light Armour

32 Hobgoblins

This comes to 2k Exactly 2pt Hobbos are nice.
I didn't reply sooner, because I thought it was too late and you wouldn't look at it. Hope some of these suggestions help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This part of the site looks pretty dead so any reply will suprise me in fact i challenge you to reply!!!

Sorcerer Lord
Nothing? chalice of darkness is nice and can really annoy your opponent. why? becuase its just so cool and dont forget you can use it in your opponent's phase. You generate 8 powerdice and (most) opponents wont have more than 5 dispel dice (thats with a lord wizard and a hero wizard). You remove D3 dice from both. Lets say you remove 3, then you have 5 and they have 2. Now the odds are starting to look better. Your lord casts his uber kill spell with 4/5 dice, they now dont have a chance at dispelling on 2 dice( as opposed to their 5 dice beforehand). The only problem is you can only cast 1/2 spells with this tactic so u dont want to always be using it. The great thing is though it can be used whenever (and re-used) so when used at the critical point in the battle it is very effective.

Sorcerer
same as above and perhaps 2 scrolls

CD Hero BSB
-Armour Of the furnace
will be better off with armour of gazrakh, loosing a bsb is costly

CD Hero
-Armour of Gazrakh
fine, same as i use my hero, this guy might be better off as your general for survivability, if he is not already

20 CD
-F/C
fine but could be bigger (25 or 30)

20 CD
-F/C
above

15 BB CD
good but 18 is nice as if u lose 1 then u are str4

2 Earthshakers
crazy

4 Bolt Throwers
good, best way to use them

24 Orc Boyz
-F/C
never likes orcs in a CD army

18 Arrer Boyz
-F/C
wont do much

10 Hobgoblin WolfRiders
-Sheilds, Light Armour
never played these, good fast cav. Drop shiels

32 Hobgoblins
nice, 2pt hobs are good but they wont do much, fully upgraded they are still cheap but have a 4+ save in combat, which is awesome

Consider dropping earthshaker and maybe the orcs, but overall, a nice list

1 - 10 of 10 Posts