So what do you think?

• Cheesy and it'll own in a tourney

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come up with a 2k list that could either be really AWESOME, or just phase out very quickly. Take a look and give us you opinion and C&C.

Necron Lord
(Dbody+Wscythe+GoF+Cmetron)

11 Warriors
10 Warriors

5 Destroyers
5 Destroyers
5 Destroyers

Monolith
Monolith
Monolith

Also how do you think it will handle in a tourney and can anyone come up with a cheesier list in 2k?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow... that is incredibly cheesy, almost smells of extra sharp cheddar. I doubt I could come up with a cheesier list.

It looks great on paper but in a tourney, I don't think it'll perform that well, simply because of the sheer lack of units able to shoot (different targets). Other than the monolith being able to hit multiple units with gauss arcs, you really can only target a maximum of 7 units (if firing at different targets) a turn whereas rival factions would be able to select more targets. With the exception of the destroyers, range can be a bit problematic. Phase out can be manageable with smart play, so you wouldn't necessarily PO on turn 1.

Still, it'd certainly be amusing to play with in a friendly game.

·
1,880 Posts
WOW, no res orb? Let's talk phase out. You will lose quickly. They'll just rapid charge your warriors. Doesn't matter if you can block them with the monoliths, cover saves only do so much. Any S8 ranged weapons will tear you up and of course CC.

Anyone with say 10 terminators would rip you to shreds. Teleport right in your face, assault.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This isn't going to work,

i'd drop the d-body and attach the lord to the warriors,they need all the help they can get!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does work, I have beaten 2 people with it so far, once was objectives the other was anniahalate. Both games it was simply using the monoliths to hide my warriors so nothing at all could see them and advancing up the board with destroyers on the flanks owning everything until it's safe for the warriors to come out and then finish him off. Both games combined I lost a total of: 1 Monolith, 3 warriors, 7 Destroyers.

I wiped my opponent from the board once by turn 4, and once by turn 5.

·
This is for the haters...
1,308 Posts
Second Shas_on_u on the tactics. Using the Monoliths as an escourt service to protect the Warriors works amazing, especially at preventing Phase Out. Use the Destroyers to protect your flanks and your golden

I voted for the not working in a tourney though because the list can be focused much better.

For starters, take a Res Orb. While the warriors won't get shot at too much they are still prone to dieing out right. This is a real problem against IG since they get plenty of Ordnance Barrages which can bypass the Monoliths and wipe whole units of warriors at a time. IG are going to be popular in a lot of tourneys so it is a serious concern.

Also you don't need the 3rd Monolith. You only need 2 to effectively guard the warriors. I suggest dropping it and diversifying your army, like getting Heavy Destroyers to kill tanks

Take a 3rd unit of Warriors. Objectives are a major part of 40k (2/3 of missions) so taking a 3rd unit helps a lot in capturing objectives

·
Registered
346 Posts
Out flanking could cause some trouble to this army list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.