Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right...Greetings are in order, I suppose! Hey everyone, etc, glad to be here, and so forth...you get the point. Not only do I have an army list I'd like torn apart, but I also have some questions that I feel require the opinion of experienced players...so, without further ado...

HQ - 354 Pts
- Grand Master
- 4 GKT Retinue, 1 TH/SS, 1 Psycannon

Elites - 291
- Inquisitor
- Psycannon
- 3 Gun Servitors
- 1 Plasma Cannon, 2 HB
- 2 Sages
- 1 Mystic

- Callidus Temple Assassin

Troops - 1026 Pts

- 10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
- 1 Upgraded to a Vet with a telehomer (optional)
- 2 Meltaguns (or possibly plasma guns)
- Mounted in a Chimera
- W/ Autocanon & Hull HB
- Extra armour & smoke launchers

- 10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
- 1 Upgraded to a Vet with a telehomer (optional)
- 2 Meltaguns (or possibly plasma guns)
- Mounted in a Chimera
- W/ Autocanon & Hull HB
- Extra armour & smoke launchers

9 Grey Knights & Justicar (10 models total)

9 Grey Knights & Justicar (10 models total)

Heavy Support - 285 Pts.
- Grey Knight Dreadnought
- TWLC, ML
- Extra Armour

- Grey Knight Dreadnought
- Plasma Cannon
- Incinerator & CCW
- Extra Armour

-----

And unless I have my maths wrong, thats 1956 pts, so I'd need to take 44pts of equipment (or another Terminator, leaving me 2 Pts over). If I'm fighting Chaos, this is fine, I can just give the GM some equipment, but against anyone else, I see no need. I also potentially have 20 more points to spend (take away teleport homers) because I've found that fielding an army like this 25 models down (20 GKs, 5 GKTs) in Deep Strike sees my inquisitor and troops shot to pieces very, very quickly.

I'd like to know whether I'm going to heavy on HQ killers, tank killers (in a DH army?!), power armour killers etc, but the only thing this would change is what the models are carrying - possible switch the Dreadnought or IST equipment, and so forth.

I do have another question regarding taking another tank, although I'm not sure if it belongs here. On the one hand it is with regard to the sensibility of taking certain models in this army, but also the fluffiness and fairness are important. I'll put my query here, and move it if necessary.

I want to field, with the above army, a Forgeworld Macharius Vanquisher Tank (for those unfamiliar with the tank, the vanquisher battle cannon on the Macharius is basically a massive battle cannon, I belive). It's hefy, at 375 points, but I believe it would give my army the massive armour it needs. My Dreadnoughts go down too quickly, and I need something to take the heat off them. Of course, I'd need to push my list up to 2500pts to field this beast, but I don't have any problem buying more ISTs / GKs. Would it be a good move fielding this tank? Or should I look for something else, such as a Leman Russ (see below).

However, this is the query that I'm not sure belongs here - but, since the Macharius is an Imperial Guard tank, I'm not sure how fair it would be ruleswise to field one. The tank itself is in Imperial Armour - Apocalypse, so getting an opponents permission is crucial anyway - fluffwise, I'd hardly say it's unrealistic for an Inquisitor to just procure a Macharius from the Guard (I believe they're fairly widespread tanks?) but since they aren't in the DH codex..well, that's where my predicament lies (same for Leman Russ). Opinions on this?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I'd really appreciate some advice!

Thanks for reading.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Drop the GM for a BC and 2 extra terminators. It costs 8 points more but you get 10 attacks on the charge not 5 and they have more firepower. You loose the force weapon and initiative 5 but you can't be instant killed with 3 models with one wound each.

Inquisitor looks good. Calidus is ok but the cost eats into your model count. Another dread with AC/CCW could be better.

Troops: Might as well make the PAGKs into fast attack giving you the option of a teleport attack. Meltabombs for the justicars for insurance.

Dreads: First one is great, second one is ok but the incinerator is a waste. storm bolters will fire each turn whereas dread flamers only tend to fire once every other game in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts