Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of several lists I am considering for a LGC Tournament setting. Sorry if the formatting is wonky or the text is too large, I'm sending this from my android and this is the size of text I can read.

Even though this list isn't using any Forge World units it is worth mentioning they are allowed.

Tables will follow BRB terrain setup rules. There will only be 7 other players who play the following: 2x Space Marines, 2x IG, Chaos SM + Daemon Allies, Eldar, Dark Eldar.

HQ
125p Overlord w/ Res Orb & Gauntlet of Fire
125p Destroyer Lord

Royal Court
55p Harbinger of Destruction w/ Solar Pulse
25p Harbinger of the Storm
25p Harbinger of the Storm

Troops
282p 14 Warriors w/ Night Scythe (HotS joins)
282p 14 Warriors w/ Night Scythe (HotS joins)
195p 15 Warriors (OL joins)
195p 15 Warriors (HoD joins)

Fast Attack
150p 4 Wraiths w/1 Whip Coil (DL joins)

Heavy Support
90p Annihilation Barge
90p Annihilation Barge
90p Annihilation Barge
90p Annihilation Barge
90p Annihilation Barge
90p Annihilation Barge

Strategy

Deploy Solar Pulse at first opportunity. Concentrate all Annihilation Barges on a single flank and Flat Out first turn. This formation serves the duel role of crippling enemy scoring units while hopefully psyching my opponent into breaking units off of the far flank moving them to mid field as a reaction to this concentration of vehicles. When the Night Scythes arrive they disgorge their warriors to the rear of these units catching them I a cross fire. This strategy has worked for me before in my space marine army against these opponents. I would Luke feedback on if people think 6 Annihilation Barge focused Double Force org is worth buying the 3 new models. I love the unit and at 2000pts I really would like more than 3 of them. The alternative is more wraiths and scarabs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really plan on "foot slogging" those warriors very far depending on the mission, they are for camping in ruins to protect objectives in my own DZ. I will consider it, though I needto try and figure out what will be more useful vs. the variety of opponents.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If that's the case, Tesla Immortals might still be more beneficial.
Entirely up to you though. Warriors have all the Transport options, which is really the only thing keeping them above Immortals in most lists.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
If you have the points to take 58 Warriors then there is no reason to take squads of 14 and 15. Put two squads of 9 into Scythes and three squads of 10 into your own backfield objectives. Its actually way more durable than running big squads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.