Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I walked into my local RT yesterday, and sitting there on the display case was the VC Spearhead. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at it... it stared back. Shattering the silence was my wallet, which began to scream. So now I'm up one Spearhead worth of VC stuff, and am planning on what to do, this really is my first stab at VC all together so don't be too harsh on me :p

Lord
  • Vampire Lord [350]
    -Walach’s Bloody Hauberk
    -Lord of the Dead
    -Dark Acolyte
    -Master of the Black Arts

Heroes
  • Vampire [195]
    -Tomb Blade
    -The Flayed Hauberk
    -Lord of the Dead
    -Dark Acolyte

• Necromancer [90]
    -The Book of Arkhan

• Wright King [100]
    -Sword of Kings

Core
  • 15 Skeletons [132]
    -Hand Weapons
    -Shields
    -Musician
    -Standard Bearer

• 15 Skeletons [132]
    -Hand Weapons
    -Shields
    -Musician
    -Standard Bearer

• Corpse Cart

• Corpse Cart

• 5 Dire Wolves

• 5 Dire Wolves

Special
  • 20 Grave Guards [270] (Wright King goes here)
    -Hand Weapons
    -Shields
    -Full Command

Rare
  • Varghulf

• 4 Blood Knights [325]
    -Musician
    -Standard Bearer
    • The Flag of the Blood Keep

Total: 1999 pts
Power Dice: 10 + 3 Bound
Dispel Dice: 6

Any and all CC is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
101 Posts
its a nice list. the one thing i would do is add on more blood knight, give your Grave guard Great weapons. although the Grave gaurd are good with the 4+ save or 3+ in combat. i think that the T4 and 5+ save protects them enough that they will survive well enough to stay around to be revive and not die. The S6 kb attack are beastly. now heres some weird suggestions..
give banner of vengence to GG, reroll those S6 KB rolls to hits are wellcome
give one of your vamps staff of damnation. getting a extra attack from your grave gaurd ( combined with the banner of vengence!) are deadly, and dishes out at least 6 attacks, maybe more that weakens an ennemy unit before the combat phase, so you can negate one rank before combat even starts. Those are my suggestions making the G.G. really good.

i would bulk up the skellitons to 20 man squads each
you spelled corpes cart wrong....ha, its ok though
also id give the skellies spears, they can always choose to use their hand weapons for the extra armour save...

to save points, kill the necromancer
give scepter de noriat to your necro lord, D3+9 zombies raised is awesome
maybe take out tomb blade

give your corpse carts currupted lodestones, helps raise/regen models

Good list so far, just tweak it around to put in the things i suggest, and it is really close to my list.

One last suggestion, make some cutbacks, like the necromancer, and flag of blood keep, and the tomb blade can be taken out to spare points, also consider dropping one of the dire wolf units, you have two fast units already ( blood knights and Varghulf)

If you can spare 45 pts, upgrade the Wight King to Konrad
KONRAD IS A BEAST, well worht the 145 pts ( especially if hes withing range of the ld10 vampire for those annoying stupidity test)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts