Mark of Nurgle
Banner
250 x 2 = 500

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

Rare
2 giants

Total:1999

This list seems like fun, looking for any comments and critiscism for i do need some help making, not cheesey, but powerful list.
Thanks,
Billy :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Heroes
Exalted Champ
chariot
runesword
shield
Mark of Nurgle
Very expensive and quite vulnerable on a chariot. Pray no cannonballs or S7 attacks coming your way lest he'd be walking for the rest of the game.

Sorcerer
2 Dispel scrolls

Core
5 Maruader Horsemen
Light armour
Flails
Musician
Slaneesh
96 x 3 = 288

Special
5 Knights
Mark of Nurgle
Banner
250 x 2 = 500

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

Rare
2 giants

This list seems like fun, looking for any comments and critiscism for i do need some help making, not cheesey, but powerful list.
Thanks,
Comments in red. Quite a fun list indeed, just the lone Exalted on chariot that's disturbing. He will have cannonballs or S7 attacks coming his way. You really wouldn't want 195VP single-model foot-slogging it at any time.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Heroes
Exalted Champ
chariot
runesword
shield
Mark of Nurgle

agree with black on this one, give him a steed instead and join a knight unit :) (I also calculate this guy at 285, maybe i missed something?)

Sorcerer
2 Dispel scrolls

this guy would love a chariot however

Core
5 Maruader Horsemen
Light armour
Flails
Musician
Slaneesh
96 x 3 = 288

I'd probably drop the light armour, I really don't see the point in it for these. they're expected to die so why prolong it?

Special
5 Knights
Mark of Nurgle
Banner
250 x 2 = 500

I'm liking slaanesh knights at the minute, only for the reason that i can flee through them with no fear of the knights running away (i had a unit + exalted fail the re-rollable panic check for a unit of puppies fleeing through them to setup a charge. while a very rare occurrence, if it does happen it can cost you the game)

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

Rare
2 giants

No MoS makes giants cry :(

Thanks,

I dont think it's particularly cheesy tbh. unmarked horsemen with just flails aren't particularly impressive (I use them instead of warhounds when i'm scrimping on points and need to fill up core slots), you're only using a hero level character when you could take a pimped out lord. 2 units of knights is normal in 2k pts and DOs are great but expected.

And the two giants, as they're unmarked, will die to any decent cavalry charge with lances. and of course the glaring weakness is vs shooting (gunline & warmachines)

Also, your lone chariot will get left behind as they can't march it will only move 7", while the giants are the next slowest with a 12" march, the knights & DOs march 14" and the horsemen 16"

However, I do think it would be a fun list to play with and against. especially with the random element of 2 giant attacks per turn. I'd suggest running them next to each other to combine charges and improve the chances of a decent roll in combat

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
The 5% chance to panic knights doesn't happen enough for me to advice bringing slaanesh. And yes I've had my knights panic often enough.

Slaanesh can help giants, but its very very expensive. If you know how to play giants, keeping them naked is not a bad option. I just hate how they made our giant ITP. There was no reason for it, since he's immune to fear/terror and rerolls LD10 on panic checks and doesn't even get paniced by most our army. Bait and fleeing with my giant was the best tactic and now that's the only reason I don't bring them.

Also, if you find points anywhere, a unit or 2 of warhounds will do you wonders.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heroes
Exalted Champ
Chaos Steed
runesword
shield
Mark of Nurgle

Sorcerer
2 Dispel scrolls

Core
5 Maruader Horsemen
Flails
Musician
Slaneesh
91 x 3 = 273

5 warhounds

Special
5 Knights
Mark of Nurgle
Banner
250 x 2 = 500

3 Dragon Ogres
Great Weapons

Rare
giants
MoS

giants
MoS

Total:2000

Thanks for all the advice, i incorperated all of the advice that was given excluding the slaneesh knights only because nurgle is my god of choice. I look forward to using it in a game and letting you know how it goes,
Thanks again,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.