Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Folraith's Robes cannot be taken on a mounted character. That pretty much ruins this whole list, as you can't really protect him, even if he is sitting on a dragon.

That being said... you're always better off with two 6-man groups of Dragon Princes with no upgrades, than one 10-man unit. Although here, I would think the optimal selection would be 6 Dragon Princes with Standard, carrying Banner of Sorcery, and 6 Dragon Princes with Standard, carrying Banner of Ellyrion. Compared to your current setup, you gain +13A (-1 from losing champion; +10 for Dragon Princes that couldn't attack before, being in the second rank; +4 for the 2 extra front rank people), and you have two units instead of one (one of which can ignore terrain penalties), for only 40 points.

If you have the spare points, go ahead and get musicians; they aren't essential but they can be nice. In a list with two dragons, you really can't afford points for Dragon Prince champions unless you need them to get a magic item like Skeinsliver, but even that seems like a waste... 45 points for +1A on one model and +1 to go first? I think you can find better uses for your points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points,
Noob Error on items, (thast what happens when u work of army builder and left your army book at home)

Will have a rethink :? and change list. Thankyou for your comments 8Y

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Well, your archmage is still illegal, as he has two arcane items still. I would drop the jewel of dusk personally.

The thing with this army is, you don't have any standard combat res, and you are really frail. Your archmage is effectively on a cannon magnet, and will get blown to bits. With no save himself, all shooting aimed at him will make short work of his body, (unless you take the lore of life and pick howler wind spell, and successfully cast it every turn.

In the end, this is a list that will either stuff or be stuffed, and against anyone with war machines, it will be the latter.

ninja out

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your current version of the list, not withstanding Ginger's comment on the two arcane items, is also illegal for a 2k game by virtue of being 2033 points... Thinking that you probably intended to cut both the archer units down to min size 10, but you just forgot.

As far as how fragile that Archmage is... you could try something really drastic... like Vambraces of Defense + Powerstone (which is the same points value as your current setup) or Vambraces + Jewel of the Dusk... I know it's expensive for a 4+ ward save, but you can't give the guy armor, and I've been very disappointed with Guardian Phoenix to this point.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
That's the main problem with High Elves. We still have toughness 3, but most of our magic items are crappy. Yes, we do have a couple really good items, but no decent ward saves. I wish they had given us a few decent "other" saves instead of ASF. The only way to get a decent armor save is armor of caledor or mount the character on a barded steed with helm of fortune. Armor of Protection is overpriced and only light armor and you can't stack any other magical armors (like enchanted shield) There is only 1 accessable wardsave (guardian phoenix) and most lists have 3-4 characters. Vambraces are good, but then you have no room for anything else. There are a ton of crappy items which makes it even worse (golden shield anyone?) and most of the items are good only in 1 situation, not for general use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.