Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I haven't made the complete army list yet, but I got the entry for my General
I want your oppinion on him.

Daemon Prince Kaasimaar.

Here's his equipment:
Deamonic stature, deamon mutation, deamonic flight,2x chaos hounds, deamonic armour.

I think this was what I gave him, but I am unsure if to use darkblade or dreadaxe... what do you mean?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your Daemon Prince is going to be the max. point value (210), I would load him up with items to boost his attacks and items to make him very strong. Also like Bornindarkness said,make him tough. Also give him Furious Charge as a Veteran Skill. This way the initiative will be in your favour most of the time. Definitly keep the wings. This way he can engage models quickly and take the upper hand. I have designed a Daemon Prince that works this way and it can annihilate a whole squad in one turn if the dice rolls are good.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Take a look at this baby, it's my World Eaters Daemon Prince:

Lord with Mark of Khorne, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Essence, Berzerker Glaive, Feel no Pain, Furious Charge.

It's one of the nastiest guys you could face :twisted: .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shut up! I've kicked em before...
Here's the recepy, one Earthshaker...

Anyway, I playtested a new deamon prince yesterday, and also I have the armylist now...

So just wait til tonight and I will post the list... and the deamon prince I used/ am going to use...

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here's the army list... I want comments on it, but bear in mind that this is all the models I have avaliable for my IW army...

HQ. Deamon Prince Kaasimaar
Deamonic flight, deamonic stature, deamonic mutation,
deamonc armour, deamonic aura, dreadaxe, wind of chaos...

HQ. Lieutenant Bagrar Delagoris
Terminator armour, deamonic mutation, pair of lighting claws.
Retinue. 4x Chosen terminators.
Heavy flamer, combimelta, 1xchainfist, 1xpowerfist.
Others armed with power weapon and combi bolter.

Elite. 3x Oblitherators

Elite. 3x Oblitherators (I'm not sure if the retinue still counts as an elite choise, if not the oblitherators will be spilt into 3 squads of 2 models)

Troop. 5x Chaos Space Marines
Bolters, heavy bolter, plasma gun, mark of chaos undivided

Bolters, lascannon, mark of chaos undivided

Bolters, meltagun, mark of chaos undivided

Troop. 10x Chaos Space Marines
Boltpistol & CCweap. frag and krak grenades, 1x flamer,
mark of chaos undivided, furious charge.
Asp. Champion has plasma pistol and powerfist.
Unit mounted in standard Rhino

Heavy. Basilisk
Inderect fire capability

Heavy. Dreadnought
Plasmacannon, havoc missle launcher.

Heavy. 5xChaos Havocs
2x lascannon, 1x autocannon, 1x heavy bolter.

There's a bit under the 2000pts mark now, but i leave it as room for expansion....

Prost!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to underline my own and BorninDarkness experience with big nasty guns and space marines, here's something that happened yesterday... against...tada... you guessed it Black Templar.

One Earthshaker
One ten man squad of black templar.

On Earthshaker shot, inderect...38"... scatter dice "hit"

Result: 2 standing dark templar...

Skål!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
hehe, too bad my Earthshaker usually has to shoot at guardsmen. And the darn thing did exactly NOTHING in the battle I played sunday, I think it killed one or two guardsmen with it's heavy bolter while it's Earthshaker did nothing in 3 or 4 direct shots at a LR Vanquisher, even when I hit the freaking side armour AAAARRRRGHH!!! 125 points down the drain...

About the army list, I'd get some more marines so you can use larger squads with a heavy bolter thrown in, to get a good firebase in the troops section. I'd also replace the heavy bolter in the havoc squad with a millile launcher or lascannon, then give em Tank Hunters. Depending on your rolling skills you might even want to make it even heavier, after my inablility to destroy even a single LR tank last battle with 6 obliterators, an all lascannon predator, a vindicator, a basilisk, a havoc squad with 2 lascannons and 2 missile laucnhers and Tank Hunters, a squad with 2 meltaguns, 2 combimeltas and 2 power fists (my Lieutenant joined it), and a melta-bombing Raptor champion, I'm kind of convinced to never, EVER leave home without a havoc squad with 4 lascannons and Tank Hunters (coming at 242 points ouch)!!!
Personally I don't use a DP for my Iron Warriors, and I always field my squads in multiples of 3, but that's my personal joy :D .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank's for your oppinion...

And on the Havoc squad, I was meant to give them "tank hunters" veteran skill... only forgot to mention it...

And about the raptors, yeah I'm gonna get me some of those to. Although the Asp. champion is going to be armed with 2 lightning claws, melta bombs and deamonic mutation... He he I like slashing champions! :twisted:

Once again t(h)anks...

Chin chin!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
My Raptor champion has Daemonic Aura, this guy won me a game after making his 5+ save against a meltagun (the rest of his squad was dead) because he also had a teleportt homer, and I teleported an Obliterator cult, an independant Terminator unit, and a Terminator squad led by my Lieutenant next to him :D . I'm going to give him some more stuff though, he needs more attacks, or better attacks, to make a mess out of the opponent. Mutation might be in order, as well as mastercrafting the lightning claws, heck if he misses too much he'll get spiky bitz as well :D . Talk about a close combat monster that isn't even HQ :p .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm hmm :twisted:

I like your ideas.
I always try to get as many attacks as possible on to my characters, it's not always easy...
The terminator asp. champion has a few though... around 6 I believe...

Thanks for your ideas again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Prost!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I don't use Champions in my Terminator units. They're pretty good already and can get upgrades cheaper, besides I mostly use only one terminator unit which is led by my Warsmith :twisted: . I'm going to beef up the champions of regular squads though (like that Raptor). As for my World Eaters... :twisted: they'll be monsters!!!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Mwahahaaaaaaa!!!!! Juggernauts are good things, as are power weapons AND power fists... I gotta check how many points those guys cost, Daemonic Strength and Aura are both useful here... time to check some maths.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find having a Chaos Spawn for my foot slogging Aspiring Champions or HQ (maxium 2) is quite beneficial as they are only 20 points each, 6 more than a space marine, and has strength 5 toughness 5 w. 3+ save and D6 attacks with 2 wounds. Good cannon fodder. Oh yeah and I witnessed a game when one took out an exarch. :blink: Bad rolling, I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.