Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post since I lost my old account. I would appriciate any help or tips on my list. Before anyone says it, yes its what some would consider 'cheesy', but I dont care, I'm not one for saying what is cheesy or not. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Chaos Lieutenant - Kai Gun, Infiltrate, Krak Grenades

Chaos Space Marines x 6 - Plasma gun x 2, Infiltrate

Chaos Space Marines x 7 - Plasma gun x 2, Infiltrate

Chaos Space Marines x 7 - Plasma gun x 2, Infiltrate

Chaos Space Marines x 7 - Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Chaos Space Marines x 7 - Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

Rhino

Rhino

Obliterators x 3

Obliterators x 3

Obliterators x 3

Defiler

Basilisk - Indirect Fire

Vindicator - Mutated Hull, Parasitic Possession

Predator - Twin Linked Lascannons, Side Sponson Lascannons

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, y not take AC with power fists, help against wraithlords (which are my favourites)for the combat squads, do the rhinos have extra armour, smoke launchers, any marks on the sqauds, im not sure is that included, i haven`t got a caculator on me. Have fun but i just started an iron warriors army the other day, but im goin to include more heavy weapons in the squads of Marines, only 4 obliterators, my list will be 1500pts. Will post it laters

Reactions: Monsieur Cartier

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Since your units (CSM-ones) are all either infiltrating with fairly shortranged weapons or in a Rhino heading for CC I would like to see some Champs in there.
You could easily drop one from two of the Obliterator squads to get five champ upgrades with powerfist. You have Oblits enough anyway (I wish I could field as many...any...:cry: ).

Though I like the parasitic Possession on the Vindicator I think it would do better if it was a daemon locked within it's hull instead of the parasites.

You might also consider changing the all-las predator for an AC/HB version. As your army stands you have quite a few options for taking down tanks (7/9 Oblits and infiltrating plasma-side/rear shots). You could use this to get Indirect Fire for your Defiler or something.

I just realised your Rhinos are not equipped with neither Smoke nor Extra Armour:O , fix this ASAP. Without those upgrades them 100 points a but a waste.

Good luck on the board.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Andusciassus said:
Since your units (CSM-ones) are all either infiltrating with fairly shortranged weapons or in a Rhino heading for CC I would like to see some Champs in there.
You could easily drop one from two of the Obliterator squads to get five champ upgrades with powerfist. You have Oblits enough anyway (I wish I could field as many...any...:cry: ).

Though I like the parasitic Possession on the Vindicator I think it would do better if it was a daemon locked within it's hull instead of the parasites.

You might also consider changing the all-las predator for an AC/HB version. As your army stands you have quite a few options for taking down tanks (7/9 Oblits and infiltrating plasma-side/rear shots). You could use this to get Indirect Fire for your Defiler or something.

I just realised your Rhinos are not equipped with neither Smoke nor Extra Armour:O , fix this ASAP. Without those upgrades them 100 points a but a waste.

Good luck on the board.
I agree with everything that Andusciasus has said here(ACs, Powerfists, more anti horde capabilities ect.) and can only add that you don't need krak grenades on your commander and should drop them and pick up at least a power weapon for him.

You have enough anti tank as it is and if you really need to take out a tank still, buy him meltabombs. Krak grenades are only ever good if you get them for free. He needs a power weapon for the same reason as your squads. Daemonic strength wouldn't go amiss here either to further take advantage of his superior statline.

Oh. I almost forgot. Since you're not going for the 'magic' number for your squads like a cult army, bulk out your hth squads. Even having been upgraded with a PF AC in each, more bodies would be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts