Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to play in a 2k RT tournament and I have my list set the way I want it save for my last character. I can either run a scar vet JSoD or a lvl 1 skink shaman scroll caddy (who would also be my only magical defence.) In a past 2250 tournament I was able to use both (the JSoD was an oldblood though) and of the 2 the JSoD did more, but the scroll caddy proved useful in 1 game and useless in two (fought a khorne mortal army and a low magic wood elf army.)

Or should I scrounge for points and upgrade my Scar-vet JSoD to an oldblood and say to heck with the magical consequences.

Also here is the rest of the list (from memory dont have it in front of me)

Sacred spawning of Quetzl List

Scar Vet General (enchanted shield and sword of striking)
Scar Vet BSB
15 Saurus (full Command)
13 Skink (scout)
13 Skink
11 Skink
15 Saurus (blessed spawning of Tlazcotl)
4 kroxigors
3 terradons (brave)
Stegadon
3 Salamander Packs

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I would be wary of taking no magic defence, esp in a tournament environment. Although the JSoD is very useful indeed.

My response would be to tweak the list so that you can fit both in, although that's probably not the most helpful answer ^_^

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Or should I say to heck with the magical consequences.
Saying heck to the magic consequences is a lot like turning your back to a Khorne Beserker with a sledge hammer; It's only going to end up messy :)

I'd say Scrounge up points for a Scroll caddy more than the valuable JSoD, because you're going to need all the magic protection that you can ger at this stage.
As for upgrading the General Scar-Vet. into a JSoD, bad idea, mainly it's because it's his Leadership that you'll need for keeping those fragile elements of your army intact. Keep him safe otherwise you'll loose those skink screens and lower LD units as they are more suseptable to fleeing than the humble saurus warrior.

Hope this helps :)

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmn

I say do not go without any magic defense. You do not want to be completely powerless in any round of combat period. As sacreligious as this may sound i say lose the stegadon. I know its an awesome model but it ALWAYS underperforms. Apart from the occasional terror the impact hits arent that good and it ends up being a 235 march blocker, counercharger, or flanker. This role can be provided by 2 more kroxigors. Add the fourth from the other unit and run 2 units of 3. These should serve the same purpose as the stegadon. With the extra points you should be able to get both the JSOD and the caddy. In essence the JSOD and the 2 kroxigors provide any punch the stegadon would otherwise give.

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to the tournament this weekend, you can read the battle report here http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/fb-battle-reports/113498-lizardmen-rogue-trader-me.html

As you can see I went pantsless as far as magic is concerned, and it paid off as none of my opponents brought a single spellcaster!

i say lose the stegadon. I know its an awesome model but it ALWAYS underperforms
The stegadon did awesome, more then earning its points either in killed models or in fire attraction. And in my third battle, well just read it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.