Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: This is the 2000pt version of the 1000pt army list posted here.

Baron Wilhelm Schwarzblud [490]
- as Count Mannfred
- Black Periapt

Melchior, the Deathkin [150]
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

Alistair, the Beastmaster [175]
- Summon Creatures of the Night
- Forbidden Lore (Lore of Beasts)
- Talisman of the Lycni
- The Cadaverous Cuirass

20 Grave Guard [275]
- Full Command
- Banner of the Dead Legion

30 Skeletons [260]
- Full Command

30 Skeletons [260]
- Full Command

10 Dire Wolves [80]

10 Dire Wolves [80]

10 Dire Wolves [80]

3 Cairn Wraiths [150]

TOTAL: 2000 pts

There are three main components:
1.) Melchior and the Skeletons, shambling forward and (hopefully) growing quickly
2.) Alistaire and the Dire Wolves, quickly moving around and smashing flanks and putting out fires
3.) Schwarzblud and the Grave Guard, pounding heavy units and using magic like there ain't no tomorrow.

The Cairn Wraiths are there for harassment and because I like the models. I didn't include any Black Knights because I really hate their models and I'm not sure I could make Empire Knights look consistent with the rest of the army in a convincing way. So I over-compensated with Dire Wolves :)

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I might be missing something, but don't you need another core unit? Maybe split the 2 units of skellies into 3?

I don't think you need that many dire wolves either. Corpse cart, banshee, fell fellbats could probably be squeezed in instead of those giant blocks of 10. I think 6 is plenty, and really don't see any reson for more than 5 in a unit. They don't cause panic, if they all die, just run the second unit of 5 at the same target. Running lots of small units keeps them from being concentrated on by magic and shooting, so more should survive to perform the task that you want.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be missing something, but don't you need another core unit? Maybe split the 2 units of skellies into 3?

I don't think you need that many dire wolves either. Corpse cart, banshee, fell fellbats could probably be squeezed in instead of those giant blocks of 10. I think 6 is plenty, and really don't see any reson for more than 5 in a unit. They don't cause panic, if they all die, just run the second unit of 5 at the same target. Running lots of small units keeps them from being concentrated on by magic and shooting, so more should survive to perform the task that you want.
Ah, you are correct. Here's an updated version based on some of your suggestions:

Baron Wilhelm Schwarzblud [490]
- as Count Mannfred
- Black Periapt

Melchior, the Deathkin [150]
- Lord of the Dead
- Dark Acolyte

Alistair, the Beastmaster [150]
- Summon Creatures of the Night
- Forbidden Lore (Lore of Beasts)
- Talisman of the Lycni

20 Grave Guard [275]
- Full Command
- Banner of the Dead Legion

25 Skeletons [220]
- Full Command

25 Skeletons [220]
- Full Command

25 Skeletons [220]
- Full Command

5 Dire Wolves [40]

5 Dire Wolves [40]

5 Dire Wolves [40]

3 Cairn Wraiths [150]

TOTAL: 2000 pts

Basically all I did was remove some Dire Wolves, make another squad of Skeletons, and remove The Cadaverous Cuirass from Alistair (it was mostly there to use up points anyway).

I guess my question now is, are the Cairn Wraiths better to have than a Corpse Cart, or maybe some Bats? Their only real purpose in this list is to attract some magic missiles and maybe some light harassment if they get a chance. A Corpse Cart would be more useful for bulking up my main lines, but maybe my main lines are bulky enough.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Only thig you might want to do is lower the number of skelies you have in your startying units as manfred can raise them above their starting unit size. It will free up a fair bit of points and make your early raising important got your foe to dispel, leavng him open for a sexy haze here and their.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts