Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, after posting a new topic in the normal discussion and getting some feedback i thought i might as well get an army list together and see what you veterans think. This is a 2000pt list and i think that it is fairly competitive, it has some a small model count but then again this is elves and there are some heavy units in this one. Tell me what you think and any comments are always welcome.

noble-158
-great weapon, light armour, shield
-helm of the hunt, hail of doom arrow
-annoyance of netlings

noble-142
-light armour
-enchanted shield, callah's claw
-battle standard bearer

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard

glade guard*10-120
glade guard*10-120

dryads*9-120
-nymph
dryads*9-120
-nymph

eternal guard*20-264
-standard, champion

wild riders*5-130
-musician

treeman-285
treeman-310
-cluster of radience

this list come to 1999pts, it has a few heavy hitters such as the two treeman and the eternal guard unit, which will contain both nobels most of the time. Also the branchwraiths will join the two dryad units giving them some hitting power. Aside from the 3 large units mentioned i tried to keep the units pretty cheap and with little upgrades. I do notice that there is very little magic protection, but that is because i really dont want to take a spellsinger as a scroll caddy, so i did the best i could with 2 wraiths and the cluster of radience on a treeman. Overall do you think this is a competitive list?

·
Registered
320 Posts
few rule fixes, plus suggestions in red
noble-158
-annoyance of netlings
Edit: yea hes over points, drop the annoyence and make him an alter

noble-142
-light armour
-battle standard bearer
BSBs cant use shields, even magical ones. And callah's claw isn't all that useful, might want to choose a different weapon

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard

Two branchwraiths aren't really optimal, I would reccomend switching one out for a spell singer lvl 1 scroll caddy to give you a solid magic defense

glade guard*10-120
glade guard*10-120

dryads*9-120
-nymph
dryads*9-120
-nymph
Good to protect branchwraiths, but you can cut them both down to 8 strong. And if you do switch a branchwraith to a spellsinger, you will be able to drop one champ aswell. This will save you a bunch of points to spend elsewhere.

eternal guard*20-264
-standard, champion
I have never really used eternal guard, but I can see how they will be useful to babysit your BSB, and be supported by two treemen. Music here would help if you can find the points, don't want to lose draw combats.

wild riders*5-130
-musician
If you can find the points, might want to give them a standard bearer with the war banner and a 6th rider. It will help them out alot.

treeman-285
treeman-310
-cluster of radience
Regular Treemen can't take spites, only treeman ancients. Move the cluseter to a branchwraith

·
Registered
47 Posts
noble-158
-annoyance of netlings
This character is to many points. You can only have 50 points of magic items and/or spites. unless this is a lord level character.

noble-142
-light armour
-battle standard bearer
what tbeckett said
branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard
you need scrolls for magic defense

glade guard*10-120
glade guard*10-120

dryads*9-120
-nymph
dryads*9-120
-nymph

drop them down to 8

eternal guard*20-264
-standard, champion
waste of points. i would drop for a unit of wardancers or two

wild riders*5-130
-musician

treeman-285
treeman-310
-cluster of radience

·
Registered
505 Posts
noble-158
-annoyance of netlings
Everyone's said what's wrong here. I will only note that the Standard Alter (HoDA/HotH + Great Weapon) is very strong.

noble-142
-light armour
-battle standard bearer
Even if it were legal, don't think this is a strong BSB build. He's better off with armor, or the moonstone, or the amber pendant.

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard
If you do use a wraith, taking radients/netlings is better than lvl 1. If you take lvl 1 in addition, you've got a dispel dice machine.

branchwraith-115
-lv 1 wizard
I really, really don't recommend two wraiths. If you really want the combat options, you're better off with a wardancer noble. If you need magic/antimagic, you're better off with a scroll caddy.

glade guard*10-120
glade guard*10-120
Almost all competetive lists have these. Good call.

dryads*9-120
-nymph
dryads*9-120
-nymph
Generally, dryads are run in units of 8 with no champion. Adding a B-Wraith is done to protect it, if it's a caster, or to get a challenge chumping unit. (Wraith+Netlings+Champion). In terms of its combat potential though, a wrath more than doubles its points and increases the attacks to its front by one. And generally, by the time you want a challenge chumper, the Treeman Ancient (TMA) is a better idea.

eternal guard*20-264
-standard, champion
Split this in two and you can take two units of wardancers. They have magic res, and generate 21 s4 attacks on the charge, as compared a measily 10 s3.

wild riders*5-130
-musician
Generally, you don't need more than one unit of these, and it's best to take six, to ensure you can take casualties and still break ranks. Also, the war banner is a worth while investment to get some mobile combat resolution.

treeman-285
treeman-310
-cluster of radience
Only a Treeman Ancient can take Spites. That said, I'd recommend that you drop your wraiths to take a TMA with the radients and netlings. A second Treeman is a good choice with the BSB. With that, you can specialize with combat character, or tree-singers, depending on how you want to balance your list.

For non-dispel caddy singers, I'd recommend the Calaingor's Staff, and, if you run two, the deep wood sphere on the second.

That said, many lists run double dispel caddies; given Vampires, Dark Elves, Slann Lizards, Nurgle, Tzeentch, Skaven, High Elves, this is a very strong choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.