Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the first IG list I have ever made, its taken me 2 hours to get my head around the codex, and then another half hour/hour looking on LO to find good advice (and asking for some to get the know-all on mech). Its a tank happy army that plans to have a front rank zooming towards you, a couple of LRs to support them and then a very small gunline to support them.
Here it is:

Hq
Company Command Squad, Heavy Flamer, 3 Flamers, Officer of the Fleet
-Chimera

Troops
Veteran Squad, 3 Meltagun
-Chimera, 2 Heavy Flamers
Platoon
Platoon Command Squad, Vox Caster
-Chimera
Infantry Squad, Vox Caster, Missile Launchers
Infantry Squad, Vox Caster, Missile Launchers
Heavy Weapons Team, 3 Autocannons

Fast Attack
Hellhound, Multimelta
Hellhound, Multimelta
3 Scout Sentinels, 3 Autocannons

Heavy Support
2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks, Heavy Flamers
Leman Russ Demolisher, Heavy Flamer
Leman Russ Executioner, Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Total: 1965
Models: 69 (I think)
Vehicles: 13
Scoring Units: 7?

C&C welcome and desperately wanted.
Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
You definitely need a lot more infantry. The heavy weapons teams are rather fragile and are an easy kill-point. I would probably take 3 infantry squads with autocannons and 1 or 2 veteran squads with lascannons for long range AT.

Besides that I would drop all the vox casters, the Multimeltas on the Hellhounds and the Leman Russ Executioner. The scout sentinels aren't the greatest either.

The points could be spent on better things like a valkyrie or vendetta or maybe a static command squad to issue orders to your infantry.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hows this:

Hq
Company Command Squad,4 Grenade Launchers, Officer of the Fleet
-Chimera, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Troops
Platoon
Platoon Command Squad, 4 Grenade Launchers,
-Chimera
Infantry Squad, Autocannon

Fast Attack
Hellhound, Multimelta (so they can kill tanks if necessary)
Hellhound, Multimelta
3 Scout Sentinels, 3 Autocannons

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank, Heavy Flamer

Total: 1945

Might upgrade sentinels to armoured sentinels, would this be good or bad with this list?
Thanks

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
H-Flamers on infantry are just too many points to be worth while especially when you get one on your Chimera for Free!. Make use of that BS4 too. Give them some guns to make them worth their cost.

TROOPS:
Chimeras - No point in 2 h-Flamers dude. You can't move and fire them both so keep the Multilaser. You get some decent str shots to take down Land speeders etc whilst you're on the move.

Platoon - Swap the M-Launchers to Autocannon and G-Launcher. Same points but more shots and it actually gives you a better chance against vehicles than 1 str 8 shot.

FAST:
Good. I personally don't like multi Meltas on them as they're BS3 but hey, why not.

HEAVY:
I wouldn't squadron Battle Tanks if i were you. It makes them such a target and it makes them easier to take down to assaulters and with shooting. Ditch a Russ and use the points to get something else.

Demolishers are godlike. Executioners i'm not to fond of due to their cost but if you have the model go for it. It's very nasty against infantry.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Your second list is a lot better. As Borak mentioned, there is absolute no point in giving your Chimeras two Heavy Flamers. When moving (which transports should be doing as much as possible) you will only be able to fire one weapon anyway. Use the Multilaser at long range and Heavy Flamer at short range - simple.

Wouldn't change much else in this list though. Perhaps use your spare points for some Grenade Launchers in the Infantry Squads. The Company Command Squad should double as a Veteran Squad and it's a shame to waste that BS4 on Grenade Launchers. Plasmaguns might be an idea here as I like to have at least one Plasma unit in my army.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts