Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
kinkeh secks pl0x?!
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so here it is:
The list i am looking to take for my next game against a skaven player on Thursday:

Tomb King 291pts
Destroyer of Eternities
Chariot
Light Armour
Sheild

Liche Priest 165pts
2 Scrolls

Liche Priest 160pts (Hierophant)
Hieratic Jar
Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest 168pts
Steed
Staff of Ravening

20 Skeleton Bowmen 160pts

20 Skeleton Bowmen 160pts

4 Chariots 210pts
Full Command

4 Chariots 210pts
Full Command

5 Light Horsemen 70pts

5 Light Horsemen 70pts

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult 110pts
Skull of the Foes

Screaming Skull Catapult 110pts
Skull of the Foes

Overall the list is 2054pts, i'll just let my opponent use the same amount of points, were not strict like that.
So what does everyone else think? any criticisms?
My play style is a full frontal attack with a strong ranged plynth.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im afraid destroyer of eternaties is king on foot only so he cant have it if he has a chariot

other than that i really like the composition of the list, would be interesting to play with

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
same here, list looking nice.

perhaps Flail of whatsitcalled might work well instead of Destroyer of Eternity. might make him a big guy hunter (doomwheels, pitbeast, lords, screaming bell)

no ushabti :( love those guys

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with Digger. Here is what I suggest...

Since your TK can't have the DoE while riding a Chariot, give him the trusty Flail of Skulls (savings of 25 points). You could then take those points and give said King the Chariot of Fire (take that Hellpit Abomination). King is done.

Your first LP is troublesome to me because if by some miracle your opponent goes magic light, you're potentially wasting points. However, since no one goes magic light anymore, he's fine. Where do you intend to field him? I really don't like overloading on Priests personally. I know why folks do it and I'm not being hateful intentionally, but Priests almost feel like a liability in more aggressive lists...maybe it's just me. He's screaming put me on a Casket...because the CoS is our best source of magic defense imo and should be in every list (personal bias...disregard). Conversely, he could be a Prince. Nothing says I love you to Skaven like throwing a Suicide TP at their General and watching him blow as a result of the Curse. :D

Staple Hierophant setup which is always WIN.

Good secondary Priest setup for aggression. I approve. Although I think in this scenario, you'd only need one unit of Light Horsemen with maybe a Champion to deal with unfavorable challenges should they get caught in combat (yeah, right...haha). Also consider giving one of your Skeleton blocks the Banner of the Undying Legion (which would pay for itself by dropping a unit of Light Horsemen). Or you could get real frisky and convert one of those archer units to HtH units, split the other unit of 20 into two "detachments" of 10 and give the combat block the BotUL. Basically, you have nothing that can even pretend to hold up in combat without Tomb Guard. I don't normally advocate combat Skeletons...but what the hell, it's a new year and I'm feeling generousl.

Your units are fine...although I don't think you should pay the points for Full Command on the Chariot units. However, I didn't know that Chariot unit champions are technically separate from the unit as far as wounds go...which may actually be useful. I'm not entirely sure, either way...I'd only personally bother with Standard Bearers on these units. Using either the Icon of the Sacred Eye, Mirage Standard or the Cursing Word banner depending on what I'm up against. Against Skaven, I'd be inclined to go with the Cursing Word banner. It's rarely used and will prove to be a nasty surprise to the rat-men. Imagine, them all overconfident because their center is running around at LD10 (retarded, I know) but this thing makes them test on unmodified LD...ROFL. Yeah...go ahead and test on a what? 4...good luck with that.

Other than little personal quibbles, like no Tomb Guard unit, that's all I got. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts