-Missile pods

Marbo

10 Storm Troopers
-2 Plasmas
-Chimera (multi-laser + heavy bolter)

10 Storm Troopers
-2 Plasmas
-Chimera (multi0laser + heavy bolter)

The vets go in the vendettas, everything but the command outflanks. They hide on the first turn then charge forward and destroy vehicles.

Done the changes, didn't read the FAQ. I kept the storm troopers at 10 as they beat MEQs in a straight fire fight, especially with plasmas. Not sure if they can outflank in the transport and use the pinning special mission thing. If they can't ill just scout them forward and try rapid firing something. This list isn't as effective as I thought it was going to be (2+ reserve rolls for the win!), but that probably comes from playing a war walker based eldar list with 2 autarchs in it. Still it should be fine.

(For those interested the eldar list was 1850pts and puts out around 140 strength 6 shots a turn, and everything outflanks/deepstrikes and arrives on a 2+. It is HARSH)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why have two Astropaths? Per the FAQ, their benefits don't stack, so I would either makes the second into an OotF or save those thirty points.

What is the point of outflanking the Storm Troopers? They are walking and have no special weapons. You would be much better off Deep Striking them and rapid firing the hot-shot guns at a squad of MEQ, but even then they are definitely not worth their points. I would rather two squads of 5 w/ 2 meltas deployed on the table in a chimera then taking their scout move to get within 12". In fact, if you put 5 w/2 meltas in chimeras, you actually SAVE 5 points over ten w/o the special weapons, and the squad itself is way more versatile (plus you get another AV12 transport). Oh, and if you are worried about outflanking for fluff purposes, these guys can still outflank, and they are much more effective while doing so than the ten man squad.

Don't put gunners on the Valkyrie's. If you are firing, you should be moving 12", which means you get to fire one other weapon besides your missile pods. Why take the heavy bolters when you have a perfectly good multi-laser for free that can pop transports in a pinch? Instead, use the 30 pts from the second astropath and the ten pts saved from the two stormtrooper squads to put them on all 4 vendettas, giving them some versatility.

That leaves 20 points to mess around with if you take the heavy bolters off the valks. Not sure what you would use that on, maybe drop the penal legion for an objective sitting vet squad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.