Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Alchemist
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of C+C needed, haven't played in ages so there's probably lots of gaping mistakes - mainly that i've taken three different types of chaos warrior weapon choices but that's the result of my weird modelling choices way back :S

Lords
Lord of Chaos
Blade of Blood
Pendant of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh
Bane Shield
Total 320

Heroes
Sorcerer of Chaos
Level 2
Barded Chaos Steed
Spell Familiar
Power Stone 25
Lore of Fire
Total 176

Sorcerer of Chaos
Level 2
Spell Familiar
Sceptre of Domination
Mark of Slaanesh
Total 180

Exalted Champion of Chaos
Additional Hand Weapon
Mark of Slaanesh
Amulet of Chaos
Total 169

Core Units
12 Warriors
Chosen
Halberds
Shields
Mark of Slaanesh
Rapturous Standard
Full Command
Total 376

15 Warriors
Additional Hand Weapons
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Total 305

12 Warriors
Shields
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Total 230

20 Marauders
Flails
Light Armour
Full Command
Total 165

Rare Units
Spawn of Chaos
Fiend of Slaanesh
Total 75

TOTAL 1996

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Daemon Army Dave? What are you looking at... :S lol.

Ok, so ill begin with the Warriors. Id recommend making all units 12 strong (11 if a Character will be joining them) with Champ and Music. Drop the banners, and for its huge point cost the Rapturous standard is a waste too, loose it. Chosen is a nice upgradem but save it for Knights i think. Id say equip all warriors with Shields and then possibly have one unit of each, 2xHW, GW, Halberds.

The Marauders, loose the Flails and stick with HW/S/LA. best bet for a unit which is your best bet for static res.

Definitely get a second Spawn in there.

Finally troop wise, possibly drop a arrior unit all together, and get in some Knights! these guys are amazing, 5 with Champ, Music, and Chosen. Then add your Lord in there.

Concerning characters, ill add my thoughts on those in tomorrow. This Phoenix needs to sleep.

·
The Alchemist
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice - it's probably not the best of lists, just what I have left from a long time ago (i.e when i was young and stupid ;)). I played a game against the new VC the other day (store event) and the Lord + Chosen annihilated 5 blood knights in one round of combat, so they did pretty well - then got flank charged, lost res + got overrun :/

Ah well. The 2x Hand Weapon guys did pretty well (can I give them 2 hand weapons AND a shield? How would i go about modelling that?), and the marauders killed their fair share of zombies and stalled quite a bit of the army for a while before running away.

I might go for the second spawn, depending on whether I can get a model for it or not - if not, I might go with a giant I have from the old days. Characterwise, I enjoyed using magic (which I rarely use) and the Lord was fun to use but died really fast from being overrun, which was a shame as I was looking forwards to charging him up on some skeletons :( I might have some Knights somewhere, too.

I'm thinking of switching to Undivided, with an Undivided Exalted Sorcerer (With a spell familiar and Skull of Katam, but I can't remember if you can take 2 Arcane items on one character - if not i'll fill him up with dispel scrolls) and the Lore of Fire (probably) on a barded chaos steed, with 3 Chaos Sorcerers (well, one aspiring champ)- one of Nurgle, one of Tzeentch and one of Slaanesh, with Sceptre of Domination + Death's Head on the respectively marked characters and all with Spell Familiars and either their respective lores or Fire/Shadows.
Each will get a Warrior Unit of their own (not in them, though - as a wizard in combat isn't amazing), the Nurgle unit will have shields + hand weapons to complement their +1 Wound and Fear, acting as a meatshield for the army which can also cause units to flee, with Slaanesh and Khorne units behind it (Halberds+Shields/2HW), ready to take flanks/charge in once the Nurgle unit dies (if it does). Behind them, or perhaps with them, a unit of Tzeentch with 2HW that can support combat and also generate power dice. As a further meatshield, 16-17 Marauders, which are also good vs light infantry. If I can get them in, Spawn and Giants will take up Rare choices and possibly a Knight unit (chosen of khorne likely).

Sorcerers, if taking the Lore of Fire, will have access to enough power dice to get a lot of Walls of Fire out there - which really cripples light armoured units. Conflagration of Doom would be damn helpful too :)

Nicely themed army too, Northerners of all different chaos gods combining, following mighty Sorcerers, masters of the Lore of Fire (a really handy thing in the north!).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a spell familiar and Skull of Katam, but I can't remember if you can take 2 Arcane items on one character
Ehm nope u cannot.
Now , i saw u had a Spell Familiar on both of your mages, if i am not mistaken u can't get the same magic item twice in 1 army list.
Also a shield on each ex.champion is c00L, shooting hurts alot, at least me. :0
About the undivided idea, i like it! 8Y I 've been thinking about something similar quite some time now, but with more cavalry units ( big movement is a MUST in my opinion, for wizards also, to have the proper range for spells ).
Nice build on the Lord, maybe give the ex. champ a GW for some high -save attacks.
Also Slaanesh Spawns are imba from what i've seen so far, and quite cheap.
Rapturus Standard, is really great , but the points... anyway i don't know, your choice.
Also what phoenix said , loose the banners and add if u can on all warriors shields.
About cavalry, it's allways your choice , but it is really awesome unit ( Chosen Knights - of any deity ).
That's pretty much my opinion. :)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Heh.. smooth edit dave :p

Concerning the Characters, as I said earlier i think, mount him and run him with Knights. Drop the Bane shield, its fairly poor, as is the Blade o Blood iirc, ill have to check that exactly later.

The casters are ok, though put the Fire one on foot in the Marauder unit. Spell fam is good. Personally im not so much a fan of Power stones though. You cant have 2 Spell Fams, so one will have to go. Ill also check the Sceptres rules later, i dnt recall that item standing out.

As for the Ext Hero, i dont think he will make a huge difference to your army. Id say drop him in favour of a third caster. You have 2 so may aswell make your magic a little more domination, as well as you magic defense. Either go for a second Slanneshi Sorc, in the other Warrior unit, OR grab yourself a Beast Herd and Bray Shaman. The Lore of Beasts is quite nice for some tactical variation. 3 Lores in one list would be nice i think. Maybe even consider a Slanneshi Bray, and then take the Beasts item which gives you the extra spell, and (f possible)/or the one which means youll swap a rolled spell for the Beasts Lv1 spell.

·
The Alchemist
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a shame that you can only take 1 spell familiar/army - I was under the impression that it was 'common' as it's not a unique weapon but an aspect of the character. Still, i'll probably use one on the Lord.

The LoC I had in the first list I took because it was against Vampire Counts - i.e no shooting and big blocks of easy to kill models to charge the Blade of Blood up on and any armour saves I have to make do plenty of damage (especially against T2) thanks to the Bane Shield, and any I fail makes life a lot more difficult for the enemy (more attacks). The Exalted Champion also had the Chaos Pendant which caused havoc on Zombies because of their horrible Strength.

I'll write up a list for the 4 Sorcerers army, got a conversion for the Sorcerer Lord in the works :)

Is there any point putting sorcerers in a unit, besides not being killed by range? Because the Warriors are going to want to get into combat and they would be a lot more help outside of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.