Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

This is my army list. I'm going to play against my friends ultramarines army. His army is not mechanised, only got 1 rhino and 2 dreads.
Please feel free to comment.

HQ
--
Deamon Prince
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Warptime
- Doombolt
- Wings
Total: 185 points
Elites
------
5 Chaos Terminators
- Terminator Champion
- Reaper Autocannon
- 3x Twin-linked bolters
- 3x Power weapons
- 2x Power fist
- 1x Combi-Melta or flamer
Total: 210 points

5 Chaos Terminators
- Terminator Champion
- Reaper Autocannon
- 3x Twin-linked bolters
- 3x Power weapons
- 1x Power fist
- 1x Chain Fist
- 1x Combi-Melta or flamer
Total: 215 points

5 Chaos Terminators
- Terminator Champion
- Heavy Flamer
- 2x Twin-linked bolter
- 3x Power weapons
- 1x Lightning Claw
- 1x Chain Fist
- 1x Combi-Flamer
Total: 195 points
Troops
------
8 Rubric Marines + Aspiring Sorcerer
- Doombolt
- Personal Icon
- Rhino
Total: 259+35 points
- Doombolt
Total: 254 points
- Doombolt
Total: 254 points

Heavy Support
-------------
2 Obliterators - 150 pts
1 Obliterators - 75 pts
Chaos Defiler - 150 pts
Overall: 1947+35 points

My main tactics will be that my troop with the rhino will rush forward and I will deepstrike the terminators. The Defiler will mars forward to the enemy and shooting, but when the ordinance template is too risky than I will use the reaper. Another thing is that I don't know what is better, If I deep Strike the obies and the DP or I put them on the table at the start?:?
I got another HQ a Chaos sorcorer with terminator armour+famolus, but I don't know the point cost of the famulus and how can I use it.
The first terminator squad is not glued together I will put the weapons on with magnets, but at he moment I only have these weapons. The second and the third squad is glued together because I bought it from my friend, so I can't change the weapons.
Thanks!

·
227 Posts
Having only 1 Rhino squad isn't very reliable at Terminator delivery. I think that it'll get cracked open pretty quickly. Even without icons, though, deep striking Terminators can be very effective. Also, don't use that as your sole tactic; having 15 Termies march across the field from turn 1 will force the enemy to concentrate on them at the expense of the Thousand Sons, which you could use to your advantage.

Other than that I don't see a whole lot of problems with this list. I would probably use more Thousand Sons but it's personal preference, and if 3 squads do the job then great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can buy 2 more Personal Icons for the 2nd and 3rd troop, but if I want to buy 2 more rhinos for the other squads I have to take out 1 Obliterator.
My rhino tactic looks like this. In the first round I rush 12" towards the enemy and deploy the troop behind the rhino so the enemy can't shhoot at them and I can deepstrike the terminators from a safe position. In the next round the rhinos are yust a bunch of steel, but because my troops can shoot after movement they will step out of the rhino and start shooting.
But I will try out your tactic that I deploy the termies at start because than the enemy have to choose between the termies, troops or the DP.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.