Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here is my 2000pt Wight Heavy list. The army will be divided into 2 sides, the Skeleton side, and the Wight side. The Wights and the Corpse Cart will form the Wight Side. The Skeletons, Ghouls, Necro, and Vamp will form the Skeleton side. The Dire Wolves will hunt down Warmachines. Comments are appreciated.

Vampire Lord 345pts
*Forbidden Lore
*Dark Acolyte
*Lord of the Dead
*Book of Arkhan
*Flayed Hauberk

Wight King 100pts
*Sword of Kings

Wight King 90pts
*Great Weapon

Corpse Cart 100pts
Unholy Lodestone

Necromancer

20 Skeletons 205pts
*Full Command
*Banner of the Dead Legion

20 Skeletons 205pts
*Full Command

20 Ghouls 168pts
*Ghast

20 Grave Guard 335pts
*Full Command
*Great Weapons
*Banner of Barrows

20 Grave Guard 315pts
*Full Command
*Banner of Barrows

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Total: 1998pts

Please do not post points of individual units without upgrades in future - GN out

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
The biggest problem with this list currently is the fact that it is illegal. You can't give the same magical banner to 2 units in the same army. Drop them from one of the 2 units.

Beyond that it is really really good. I would personally drop the Ghouls champ and split them into 2 units of 10. I believe they work better as flank attack units. I would also drop 1 grave guard from each unit, and 1 skeleton from each unit to make the 20 strong with the characters in.

This will give you 110pts. I would get 1 more Dire wolf in each unit. And then get 3 Fell Bats an 2 more Ghouls to each of the new units of 10 to make them 12 strong flanking units.

I hope this helps

ninja out

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. List updated.

Vampire Lord 345pts
*Forbidden Lore
*Dark Acolyte
*Lord of the Dead
*Book of Arkhan
*Flayed Hauberk

Wight King 100pts
*Sword of Kings

Wight King 85pts
*Great Weapon

Corpse Cart 100pts
Unholy Lodestone

Necromancer

19 Skeletons 197pts
*Full Command

19 Skeletons 172pts
*Full Command

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

19 Grave Guard 323pts
*Full Command
*Great Weapons
*Banner of Barrows

19 Grave Guard 303pts
*Full Command
*Banner of Barrows

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Total: 2000pts

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
not to irritate anyone, but aren't you the same guy who just posted the question "why/when take wight kings?"

Why are you asking the question and the first to post a primarily wight king based army?

Why don't you just tell us why you're taking wight kings instead of posing a question?

As far as I know, you can still only take 1 of each magic banner.

I would also try to get some sort of save on your wights. Yes T5 and 3 wounds is awesome, but essentially they are like Tomb Princes, and can still take wounds from measly spearmen. One of them is going to be without regeneration.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
I think Wight Kings are fantastic characters. For less than 80 points, a T5 and 3 wound hero, I love it.

At first glance, I think the list could use more speed. The four units of wolves are great, but flyers that are never march blocked are fantastic. And five units that move that fast would really kick butt.

I think that making one your wight kings a BSB would be an improvement. Losing one less wound isn't that big of a deal, but sometimes it's huge. Plus, the added combat res is worth it. And this army book doesn't say that he can't take a shield, so you can still get a nice armor save with him.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. List revised.

Vampire Lord 345pts
*Forbidden Lore
*Dark Acolyte
*Lord of the Dead
*Book of Arkhan
*Flayed Hauberk

Wight King 100pts (Going with normal GG)
*Sword of Kings

Wight King 100pts (Going with GW GG)
*BSB

Corpse Cart 100pts
Unholy Lodestone

Necromancer

19 Skeletons 197pts
*Full Command

19 Skeletons 172pts
*Full Command

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

19 Grave Guard 290pts
*Full Command
*Great Weapons

19 Grave Guard 303pts
*Full Command
*Banner of Barrows

3 Fell Bats

3 Fell Bats

3 Fell Bats

Total: 2002pts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.