- GW, LA
- Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Glamourweave, Enchanted Shield

Spellsinger
- Lvl 2 Wizard
- 2 X Dispell Scroll

Branchwraith
- Lvl 1 Wizard
- A Cluster of Radiants
- An annoyance of Netlings or Lamentation of Despairs?

10 x GG
- musician

10 x GG
- musician

10 x GG

12 Dryads
- Branchnymph

12 Dryads
- Branchnymph

7 x Wardancers
- muscian and bladesinger

7 x Wardancers

6 x Waywatchers

Treeman

2001pts

I'm wondering whether or not to give my highborn alter because that seems to be the craze right now, it does make sense then he could be zooming around the battlefield taking names and wreaking havoc. And if I should switch out a wardancer unit or something for 5 - 8 Glade Riders to bait and flee.

My main enemies will be DE, HE, LM, WoC, Orcs and Gobbos and dwarves. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

I want to make another list with a Treeman ancient.

·
555 Posts
Drop the dryads to 8 models per unit, and try and see if you can then fit a 3rd unit of dryads in there.
That way they are more manoeuvrable, and a 3rd unit gives you overall more effect. (multiple charges, flank attacks, counter attacks, missile shields, etc.).

Personally I would drop the champion in all units, unless you put a character in that unit and need to protect it from challenges.
A enemy champion/hero will challenge your champion, thus lowering the attacks you might want on a different target.

With the points you get from dropping champions and maybe musicians, you can hopefully get a Great Eagle for your lord.
That will help you put your leadership where its most needed, and allows you to get a better position to lay down the hurt with the Bow of Loren.
If you do, swap the GW for a spear.

I'm debating between a BranchWraith or a second wizard myself, so I can't really give great insight on that matter.
But if you do got for a Wraith, definitely get Annoyance of Netlings to keep her safe. She is over 50% of your magic defence and you can't put that at risk.

Personally I would go for two lvl1 casters with 2 scrolls each, and stick them in the centre of a wood asap.
WE magic isn't something to write home about.

If you want more punch you can try the HotH, HoDA, GW alter noble. A tried and proven combo.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Highborn
- GW, LA
- Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Glamourweave, Enchanted Shield

Spellsinger
- Lvl 2 Wizard
- 2 X Dispell Scroll
I think Level 2 does you no good. You've got 2 powerdice coming from this guy, and 2 in your pool. But for the 2 in your pool, you're not really going to have anything good to use them on, you don't have enough volume of casting to get through 7th edition magic defence.

Branchwraith
- Lvl 1 Wizard
- A Cluster of Radiants
- An annoyance of Netlings or Lamentation of Despairs?
Definitely go with the annoyance of netlings. Another option, is to take a dispel caddy. Or, if you want to use magic, you can put the calaingor's on your level 2 caster, and turn this chick into another level 2 caster with the deep wood sphere. But, then you'd have not as much dispel power unless you came up with some extra points for scrolls.

10 x GG
- musician

10 x GG
- musician

10 x GG
If you chose to, with the 35 points you'd save dropping the level 2 upgrade, you could consider dropping this and taking a standard alter.

12 Dryads
- Branchnymph
Dryads drastically lose efficiency in any unit size higher than 8. Also, there's no need for both of these units to have branchnymphs.

12 Dryads
- Branchnymph

7 x Wardancers
Unless you're hiding a character in the unit, blade singers are not worth their points. You're better off dropping the command and taking an extra dancer, or saving the points to get something else.

7 x Wardancers

6 x Waywatchers

Treeman

2001pts

I'm wondering whether or not to give my highborn alter because that seems to be the craze right now, it does make sense then he could be zooming around the battlefield taking names and wreaking havoc. And if I should switch out a wardancer unit or something for 5 - 8 Glade Riders to bait and flee.
Alter kin is really worth while with the bow of loren. Never take more than five glade riders. As I already said, I much prefer warhawks. But, that's also preferencial.

My main enemies will be DE, HE, LM, WoC, Orcs and Gobbos and dwarves. Any tips would be very much appreciated.

I want to make another list with a Treeman ancient.
Treeman Ancient is a strong lord choice as well.
Between the dropping level 2, dropping Wardancer command, and dropping nymphs and extra dryads you can save:
173 points.

If you turn your branchwraith into a dispel caddy this gets you an extra 25 points. So 198 points.

That gives you enough for a 120 point unit of warhawks with 78 points left over. If you dropped your third unit of glade guard, you could get a standard alter and still have 40 points to play with. Or alternatively, I might drop a waywatcher and take a third unit of Dryads.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
First off there is nothing horrible about your army, i think it is fairly solid.

Depending on the size of board you are playing I have found 2 units of GG to be nearly as effective as 3. Its simply a question of Line Of Sight and positioning. Instead I would take a unit of Glade Riders for the speed they offer.

Simply as a matter of preference I like to have champions in my units.

Units of 12 dryads is a lot. Three units of 8 probably is more effective (as has been mentioned).

Stick with scrolls all the way. Dispel Scrolls are quite simply the most effective magic item in the game. They are cheap, reliable, easy to use and easy to remember to use and unless your opponent get irrisistible force you can always use them. Certainty beats Finesse every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts