Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, this list is mainly used for opponents with good armor saves and light to medium tanks, everything is chosen roughly accordingly.

HQ
Grandmaster w/Psycannon
3 Terminator Retinue

Elite
Brother-Captain
3 Terminators

Elite
Inquisitor w/Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Plasma Pistol, and Eviscerator
Icon of the Just, Bionics, Teleport Homer

Elite
Callidus Assassin

3xTroops
4 Stormtroopers
2 w/Plasma Guns
Veteran Sargeant w/Combi-Plasma and Teleport Homer
Rhino w/Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers
3x153=459

Fast Attack
6 Grey Knights
2 w/Psycannons
Justicar

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider w/Extra Armour and Psycannon Bolts

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader w/Dozer Blade

Total

Any thoughts on its effectiveness would be appreciated. Most of this list is changeable but the Inquisitor and the Rhinos are the part I would like to use the most. And I do enjoy the assassins. Also, I'd like to know what you guys think about using the Fast Attack Squad to pop the rear armor on troublesome tanks, which is usually 10.

·
Registered
625 Posts
hi dude, im a player and i know that yuor land raider (not crusader) is not useful, that would free up some points, im not a veteran player im quite young but i know that a crusader is all u need unless u have alot to transport

The troops are all the same right?
with extra points from land raider, get some more pagk in fast attack and a teleport homer in your squads, give melta guns to some of the storm troopers, your inquisitor CANNOT have a two handed wepon with that eviserator givr him a power sword or such.

honestly, i love daemonhunters and the crusader goes well with pagk, then homer the termies, i destroyed a necron 1800 force that way, i hope i helped.

p.s. combi weapons suck!, give the vets pwer swords or ccw and bolt pistol or plas pistol, and u will have many points left over from land raider drop, so buff a few squads up or get an IG platoon.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
HQ
Grandmaster w/Psycannon
3 Terminator Retinue

Elite
Brother-Captain
3 Terminators
Better to take this as one unit consisting of a GM & 4-6 GKT.
Elite
Inquisitor w/Artificer Armor, Master-crafted Plasma Pistol, and Eviscerator
Icon of the Just, Bionics, Teleport Homer
Nooooo. I assume this guy goes with the IST? Why bother then, they already have a Teleport Homer? If you plan on him being alone, don't - he WILL die. Also, you're spending WAY too much on him. Eviscerator's aren't that handy. Artificer Armor is too expensive. A Plasma Pistol could kill him before he does anything useful. Icon? He already has that 2+ armor save you gave him, and he isn't really worth keeping alive.
3xTroops
4 Stormtroopers
2 w/Plasma Guns
Veteran Sargeant w/Combi-Plasma and Teleport Homer
Rhino w/Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers
3x153=459
Same as with the Inquisitor - the combi-plasma could get him killed quick. And try throwing 2x melta in 1-2 of those units, much better anti-armor.
Fast Attack
6 Grey Knights
2 w/Psycannons
Justicar
Not the way to make FAGK units. First off, Psycannons are you PAYING twice as much as a normal GK for a GK without the +2S and True Grit - in an assault unit. Second, always take 8-10 GK in FA units. They need to absorb a round of casualties on the turn they land, since they can't assault, and then they need to inflict enough damage in the subsequent melee to win, because a Fearless unit thats outnumbered takes automatic wounds.
Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider w/Extra Armour and Psycannon Bolts

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader w/Dozer Blade
Psycannon bolts? There's just one stormbolter on that. Dozer blade? Less than useful. Put smoke launchers and spotlights on these instead, and extra armor on the regular LR.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
hi dude, im a player and i know that yuor land raider (not crusader) is not useful, that would free up some points, im not a veteran player im quite young but i know that a crusader is all u need unless u have alot to transport
A LR is just as useful as a LRC, they fill different roles. Not that either are very useful in my opinion - much too
your inquisitor CANNOT have a two handed wepon with that eviserator givr him a power sword or such.
He has a 1-hand (pistol) and 2-hand (eviscerator). What's the problem?
p.s. combi weapons suck!, give the vets pwer swords or ccw and bolt pistol or plas pistol, and u will have many points left over from land raider drop, so buff a few squads up or get an IG platoon.
Never give IST any kind of combat kit, it's a waste when you have GK in the army.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts