Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rumours about models for 2010 are floating around. Some salt needed.

Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond. A lot of it is already out there, (Ork Dreads). Some of it has been seen. I got permission to mention some of the items, but not a lot of specifics or specific release details.

* New GK Terminators 3ups (5 poses, 1 HQ/leader)
* New Daemonhunter/Witchhunter concept art
* New DH/WH vehicles/support
* New Ork dreads
* New Marine models for a specific chapter
* New SM concept art
* New DE models (these are sweet, and I'm not a DE lover)
* New DE concept art
* New Guard tanks/artillery
* New Necron MC sized model
* New Necron concept art
* New Ork vehicles
* New 40k concept art and 3ups tied to a future Codex release
* A lot of the Missions book tie in releases

Obviously a lot of this just strengthens rumors that are already out there. And some of it looks very rough, as in 3ups with lots of notes for changes.

I'm struggling to hold back and just dump specifics. There is one model in particular I want to talk about, but am unable, but you all will find that out soon anyhow, it's part of the Missions release, so news will spill out in due course.
Kudos to Stickmonkey over at Warseer.

Some more from the same source:

I've seen loads of speculation on IG ST, but nothing in this batch. I've heard rumors of them being part of the Missions releases, but honestly it seems like there are more models than could possibly fit in a release with Missions...

To go back to prior rumors this is what I've heard/know about for the Missions release (and no, i cannot point out specifics I know of, to be safe here):

IG:
new style Chimera w/manticore option
new style LR with original+2 of the remaining variants
new style basilisk +medusa and one other variant
stormtroopers

SM:
new predator
t-hawk
ven dread
characters

Orks:
dread
buggy/trakk
copter
flashgitz upgrade for boyz
grot cannon in plastic w all options

Daemon/CSM:
plastic Greater demon
plastic nurgle warriors
plastic tzeetch flyers
plastic horrors
plastic/metal (conflicting rumors) slaanesh riders
characters
plastic csm upgrade sprues - god specific

Tau:
plastic crisis suit redo

eldar:
serpent/prism repack w plastic prism
plastic avatar redo (possible autarch, could be lost in translation)
plastic hvy/support weapons platform
plastic wraithguard

necrons:
plastic tombspider

So obviously not all this can fit in a march release. some of it is probably no more than fan rabidity/wishlisting. I will say not to expect more than about 6 new boxed sets to come out with the missions book. Possibly a few blisters as well.
And some more on DH/WH and Eldar (!):

since i was asked to keep it all in one thread. Much of the discussion yesterday revolved around DH/WH plans. And i mentioned in the other thread it could see light of day around Jan next year if it stays on track. Can't see it happening any earlier, but could happen mid-2011.

Also looks like there will be another Mystery Box style campaign later this year. But I honestly don't know what it will be...I asked about Warhammer Quest, and was told specifically that license is with someone else now. (hopefully FFG) So yall's guess is as good as mine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To summarize for the dude and others. What I saw yesterday and am allowed to comment on is in my first post. I was wrapping up a bunch of other rumors and information I'd seen in the second post...being purposefully vague to give a little "wiggle room" to avoid cries of "foul" from a business standpoint. But more to give a flavor of what is in the pike.

I'll be able to comment more as the process goes on and we hear some of the play test results for rules, box art, etc. As with SW and Nids, I am really out of the loop by the time rules are finalized, but a lot of what I get to see does make it thru.

As far as DE, I am reasonably certain a DE release is on the horizon based on what I know. But I also know there are unresolved issues from a business standpoint, so I'd say 50% max chance to see DE in 2010, greater chance in 2011. From an art/model standpoint, the DE are an "evolution" from past incarnations. Some are downright "evil" looking.

As far as inquisition, I've only seen GK. And I think these are great looking models, they retain the individualism. The details are all there. Certain "options" were shown. Discussions around expanded chapter organization were had. I think GK players will be happy once these are released.

As far as the model I was specifically forbade from revealing. Anything more I could say would be too much. But it's killing me not to.

One thing I saw again was the Webway terrain. It definitely looks like a test plastic pull, but I couldnt get hands on it to really review. The scratchbuilt Nid terrain was also on display.
I have heard also that future eldar will have some sort of riding flying beast. I believe it's mentioned in the current codex, but just fluff. I don't think a new eldar codex is any time soon though, so no one get excited.
Same source has also stated that the ork kit preview seen on GW site and newsletter will make it possible to build both the dread and killa kan.

Stilckmonkey has also explained some more on the difference between his ti first batches of rumours, and spilled ome more on DE:

To summarize for the dude and others. What I saw yesterday and am allowed to comment on is in my first post. I was wrapping up a bunch of other rumors and information I'd seen in the second post...being purposefully vague to give a little "wiggle room" to avoid cries of "foul" from a business standpoint. But more to give a flavor of what is in the pike.

I'll be able to comment more as the process goes on and we hear some of the play test results for rules, box art, etc. As with SW and Nids, I am really out of the loop by the time rules are finalized, but a lot of what I get to see does make it thru.

As far as DE, I am reasonably certain a DE release is on the horizon based on what I know. But I also know there are unresolved issues from a business standpoint, so I'd say 50% max chance to see DE in 2010, greater chance in 2011. From an art/model standpoint, the DE are an "evolution" from past incarnations. Some are downright "evil" looking.

As far as inquisition, I've only seen GK. And I think these are great looking models, they retain the individualism. The details are all there. Certain "options" were shown. Discussions around expanded chapter organization were had. I think GK players will be happy once these are released.

As far as the model I was specifically forbade from revealing. Anything more I could say would be too much. But it's killing me not to.

One thing I saw again was the Webway terrain. It definitely looks like a test plastic pull, but I couldnt get hands on it to really review. The scratchbuilt Nid terrain was also on display.
He has dropped some more on DH/WH:

I got to see the DH/WH character designs yesterday, there are about a dozen named inquisition, incl existing.

one looks like a gk chaplain.
a sister w what looks like twin arm mounted SBs.
a named preacher.
new concept for throne of judgement less like a converted dread.
sister w twin cat o nine tails.
confessor w a big staff w what looks like integrated flamer
named seraphin w new jump pack, more marine like (large jets) but retains some archaic details, also has sword and combi weapon
another gk named justicar, w 2 ended force weapon.
a gk vehicle based character

:beer:

·
Registered
225 Posts
The DE comments basically confirm what has been said in other rumors about how "the DE range is basically done, we just aren't sure whether we should release it yet due to the economy." I'm not sure whether this is a good sign or a bad one =\

·
Registered
370 Posts
The DE comments basically confirm what has been said in other rumors about how "the DE range is basically done, we just aren't sure whether we should release it yet due to the economy." I'm not sure whether this is a good sign or a bad one =\
Yeah i saw that on another thread too. It has been leaked that the whole Dark Eldar Range is done and they don't want to release it all at once cause they don't believe there are enough DE players and in the current economy thats a risk GW won't take. I read that on this thread:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/rumours-news-previews/185403-latest-de-ba.html

Only other thing i noticed is that he didn't mention anything about another nid release this year. I was kind of hoping for it since i don't think i'll be able to model a landing spore.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Only other thing i noticed is that he didn't mention anything about another nid release this year. I was kind of hoping for it since i don't think i'll be able to model a landing spore.
That shouldn't be too hard. Just take a drop pod, and cover it in green stuff made to look like tumors/organic-stuff =p

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
heh. yeah, that's a good use of money :p

can't wait to see any DH 3ups soon, if only I knew there were plastics and a new dex coming out, I don't care how long it takes, just that we a re finally shown some love would be nice.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Hmm, loving the =I= rumours!

·
Registered
275 Posts
All the talk about DH stuff is awesome..
I'm really looking forward to see those models and hope that with that a new codex will come as well.
Or at least that they get nice fun missions with the new characters.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
It's an interesting way to keep the DH/WH players happy, but I fear this will be stuff that only works with the new missions book, or as "counts as" units in an existing DH/WH army. Don't get me wrong, having a plastic... well, anything for the DH/WH is nice, but unfortunately, it's not a new codex, and in the end those snazzy new models won't make up for that.

Regarding DE, there have been some very persistent rumors of the new dex coming out either this year or next. My money's on next, since an equally persistent rumor is that the Necrons are getting their codex in 3rd or 4th quarter 2010, and it's pretty set in stone that Blood Angels/Dark Angels are the only other 40k codex being released this year after nids. The new plastic Tomb Spyder is a nice harbinger of that. God knows, I never want to try to clean and assemble another metal one of THOSE things again.

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
I already have my Grey Knight Grand Master Flash and his Furious 5 Retinue and now it looks like I'll get Justicar D Maul! Fun times.

PL

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Latest on Mission book, Inquisition, DE and Necron. Salt needed.

So in discussion today a few new things came up. Treat as rumors, as this source does not have direct information.

Missions Book
* New units for SM, Orks, Chaos/CSM, and IG re-confirmed. No other love.

Inquisition
* All inquisition units to get new models...eventually
* Codex: Inquisition to combine all orders of =I=
* GK being focused on for release, Sisters 2nd wave
* No allies, but indoctrinated units will include choices from other Imperial armies
* No faith points
* Lots of Psychic Nullification
* Lots of Ignore Invul
* Another flyer/transport kit Valkyrie-sized being planned for release
* GK models may see light of day early tied into another product release. (commentary: I hear rumors of a Space hulk expansion being planned, but they are vague and disorganized, so much salt needed here)
* Release window is not 2010 for C:I
* Imperial Assassin now a single unit, culdex, Caladeus, etc all gone. Unit will have numerous lethal options. Very Expensive.

Dark Eldar
* GW would like to try opposing armies back to back... (commentary: DE/E? Who are DEs biggest opposition?)
* While most models are "final" the sprue designs are not started for some...aka we still have a manufacturing ramp up
* New units heavy in FA FOC

Necrons
* Likely last Codex before 6th Ed. (commentary:i.e. dont hold your breath)
* Complete overhaul
* Some chance of early plastics in 2011 for existing units that need them...but design changes may preclude. (commentary: i.e. dont count on any new models until the Codex release.)
* Much more "Immortal" theme, less "Terminator" (commentary: I took this to mean more organic based and asked, and was told "no, not organic, they will still be undying machines")

That's all I got.
Again kudos to Stickmonkey over at warseer.

:beer:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Regarding =I=:
Sorry but I don´t get that, all the rumors where supposed to be 2010, but they point to later?
So I doubt that those are true, since all the info is already regarding a Codex that is not in the window for this year.

Unless of course those are all mission specific... which I as well doubt highly!

Thanks for posting it though...

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
Sigh, I've far too much salt in my diet. Still, if a T Hawk comes out in plastic them I will be one happy bunny. GW must KNOW that that will just fly off the shelf....... of course, I may need 2! :E

PL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts