Whip of Agony on Champion

Total - 348pts

6 - Cold one Knights (2 Groups)
M,C,SB

Total - 202pts x2

Cold One Chariot

Total - 100pts

Summary:

The BsB is in the unit of 12 cold one knights but i dont know if i should split that into 2 groups. The Dreadlord is in one of the smaller group of cold one knights. The Sorceresses are on their own, maybe in the ranged units.
Its quite limiting to make a fully mounted army, but i like the look of it, havent played in many many years so im not even up to date with the rules so there may be some major flaws in my 1st design, but please, i want your constructive criticism so i dont look like a fool with this on the field :p

Please explain clearly every change you think should happen...

·
Registered
145 Posts
well, let's clear up some illegal items first....

Dispel scrolls now count towards your 1 arcane item limit; you can only have 1 in your entire army and if you do take one, it can be the only arcane item that sorc has.

You don't have enough core, you need at least 25%.

Now, this army looks like it could be fun to play, but I'm not sure if it can win (at least not consistently). 8th is all about big blocks of infantry and the rules really favor that. Steadfast, hordes, re-roll leadership tests with BSB...it really favors large units of infantry. Cavalry pretty much can't break a big block of infantry on the charge anymore; or at all because of steadfast. CoKs, especially with the BoM or ASF banner, can eventually chew through some infantry, but it might take a few rounds. You also can't deny ranks in the flank/rear anymore unless you yourself have at least 2 ranks; another minus for cavalry.

And magic has changed a lot so your magic defense comes mostly from having a level 4, but this isn't as big a deal as what I stated above.

You definitely don't want your sorcs riding around on their own. And if you put them in the fast cav dark riders, they will lose the fast cavalry rule. I would consider one in the medium cav unit (the one with shields) and maybe one a pegasus with the PoK (just to keep the mounted theme) if you have one, though after that you might be over the 25% hero limit. Or maybe just take the 1 level 2 sorc with on the pegasus with PoK and tome or 1 level 2 on the steed with the tome and seal of ghrond (you'll want some extra magic defense if the only thing you bring is a level 2).

Also, as a suggestion for a different BSB that might go nicely in an all mounted army, is the pegasus mounted master with full armour, PoK, and soulrender. Pretty nasty dude. I'm not trying to change the one you already have, but just a suggestion as a change-up one time.

That being said, after fixing the illegal items, read up on the new rules and give the list a try in a friendly game to see how it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice. the issue is that i just started looking at making an army, and was completly uninformed about the changes that were made in 8th edition, i am quickly learning the new rules that have changed the game and am taking a new look at my army list. I really like to build an army that has models i like but also, i would like it to be a viable army, one i could bring to a small tournament and have a chance.
So after reading some new rules, and looking at new models. I am unfortunatly taking away the all mounted need and going for a somewhat regular build. I will post the new army list here in a few hours for critisism.
My one question is, that after reading about the 7 or so special hero's/lords on DE, it seams really op to use them. Is there any rules or tournaments that unallows then to be used, or should i add one in to my army :).

I apollogise for wasting your time reading the 1st list, i did not know how much the 8th edition changed the rules :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts