Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Link to Revision 2.0: http://www.librarium-online.com/for...250-all-cav-competitive-army.html#post1596448

Just thinking of an all-cav list for my next tournament but I've never done anything like that so I need guidance.

Chaos Lord - 330
MoK
Shield
Axe of Khorne
Juggernaut

Sorcerer - 206
MoN
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

Sorcerer - 206
MoN
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

3x 5 Marauder Horsemen - 90 each
MoS
Flail
Light Armour

4x 5 Warhounds

5 Knights - 315
MoN
Musician
Standard
--Banner of Rage
Champion

2x 5 Knights - 260 each
MoK
Musician
Standard

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth - 285
Great Weapon

2pts over but I can drop a unit of hounds if need be.

I was going to put my sorcerers in the horsemen units to have the advantage of moving like fast cav.

Not sure about the Lord, was thinking of dropping something an putting Crown of Everlasting Conquest or Collar of Khorne on him.

Another option I considered was dropping a sorcerer and replacing him with an Exalted on Juggernaut.

The reason I put a shaggoth in there was to hunt tougher things like stegadons or other monsters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Just thinking of an all-cav list for my next tournament but I've never done anything like that so I need guidance.

Chaos Lord - 330
MoK
Shield
Axe of Khorne
Juggernaut
All khorne tends to not need leadership much. You can turn this guy into an exalted and save a ton of points and not lose our on too much offense. Basically 1 WS and 1 Attack.

Sorcerer - 206
MoN
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

Sorcerer - 206
MoN
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed
You don't need MoN on these guys. You'll be using 4 casting dice and how often do you think 4 casting dice will get a spell off in a tournament situation? About 3% of the time, since that is the chance to irresistible with 2 dice. These 60 points can be greatly used else where, like throwing weapons on the horsemen, or magic banners. Be happy with possibly getting fireball off and saving the points.

3x 5 Marauder Horsemen - 90 each
MoS
Flail
Light Armour

4x 5 Warhounds
Probably got 1 to many units.

5 Knights - 315
MoN
Musician
Standard
--Banner of Rage
Champion
Having a champion with only 4 other models negates look out sirs and forces shooting to randomize. Something you don't want if your characters are going here. Free kills from cannons.

2x 5 Knights - 260 each
MoK
Musician
Standard

Great Weapon
Expensive, but it could have its place. I tried him in an all khorne list about 3 weeks ago and got lucky, he terrored a lvl4 DE sorcerer on turn 2. Helped my knights get into combat. Problem for me, if I got too used to the BoC shaggoth, then its a big downgrade playing this guy. Atleast he's cheaper. A lot of people will tell you this guy is a waste. However, I like him and he can keep up with the rest of the army.

2pts over but I can drop a unit of hounds if need be.

I was going to put my sorcerers in the horsemen units to have the advantage of moving like fast cav.

Not sure about the Lord, was thinking of dropping something an putting Crown of Everlasting Conquest or Collar of Khorne on him.

Another option I considered was dropping a sorcerer and replacing him with an Exalted on Juggernaut.

The reason I put a shaggoth in there was to hunt tougher things like stegadons or other monsters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you drop a unit of hounds, the knight champion, nurgle from your sorcerers and turn your lord into an exalted, you really don't lose much over all, but you're saving roughly 215 points, which ironically is the cost of another exalted on juggy.

Other comments in red inside quotes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for those tips. Also the nurgle are level 2, forgot to add it. However if I also drop the lvl 2 on both of them, I might be able to get another unit of knights. Which do you think would be better? Another Exalted or a 4th unit of knights?

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Well you would be able to, since you'd be saving like 280 some points.

I've personally never ran more than 3 horse and 2 knights on the table at once. I can't begin to think what 4 knights would look like. Probably pretty congested. You can try adding other things in, like a chariot, warshrine, dragon ogres, or even another shaggy. WPS gives a bonus for running two shaggoths for some reason, maybe other people will find it comp friendly?

Or you can put your scroll caddies into scroll buggies by giving them chariots. Converting from a steed to a chariot only costs 84 more points and gives you US5 chariots. Kind of insane when you think 84 points gives you a chaos chariot that doesn't cost a special slot. and only loses out on 1 strength from 2 of its attacks. And if they kill your chariots, well hopefully by then your army is in combat and don't need the scrolls as much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cavalry Revision 2.0

Exalted Hero - 225
MoK
Axe of Khorne
Shield
Juggernaut

Exalted Hero - 204
MoT
Disc
Enchanted Shield
Golden Eye
Flail
Bloodcurdling Roar

Sorcerer - 151
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

Sorcerer - 151
2x Dispel Scroll
Chaos Steed

2x 5 Marauder Horsemen - 100 each
MoS
Flail
Throwing Axes
Light Armour

5 Marauder Horsemen - 110
MoK
Flail
Light Armour

3x 5 Warhounds

5 Knights - 295
MoN
Musician
Standard
--Banner of Rage

2x 5 Knights - 260 each
MoK
Musician
Standard

Great Weapon

Total: 2231

I added a disk lord for warmachine hunting. Don't like those pesky bolt throwers or cannons too much :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience with Fantasy in general, but you have the points to give the horsemen musicians, why haven't you? Seems like that would be a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Not saying its a better option, but it IS an option. Drop 1 scroll caddy and pick up an exalted on steed with flail/shield and fury of the blood god. Put him in one of your non-lord units to give them the MR2. That gives 1 unit MR1 and 1 unit MR2.

4 scrolls works too.

I agree if you got extra points, the musicians aren't bad ideas. Or drop the LA off your cruise missile and give one knight unit the rapturous standard. Or find points to make your disc a BSB. MR works great on knight units, small magic spells become worthless. You just have to fear the spirit of the forge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.