Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get this army done for atleast one GT this year. This is the concept, what do you guys think of it, it is meant to be competitive and fun:

Chaos Dwarf Hero- 94 (General)
Great Weapon
Armour of Gazrakh

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer- 125
Level 2
Dispell Scroll

Level 2
Dispell Scroll

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer- 135
Level 2
Black Gem of Gnar

X3 10 Hobgoblins

X3 20 Hobgoblins- 60
Shields

X2 10 Hobgoblins- 140
Wolfs
Bows

24 Chaos Dwarfs- 286
Musician
Standard
Banner of Slavery

24 Chaos Dwarfs- 261
Musician
Standard
Warbanner

10 Chaos Dwarfs- 120
Blunderbusses

X2 24 Orcs- 174
Shields
Full Command

4 Hobgoblin BTs

Earthshaker

230 models
8 Power Dice
5 Dispell Dice+ 2 Scolls

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
:( Ive been keeping an eye on this post, and its had no responses yet so i think ill give it a go. Its not surprising to be honest, CDs are one of the lesser widely known about armies. Its a shame though, i like them. Ill look at getting hold of the Chaos Dwarf rules, and hopefully my connction will be ok tomorow, and then ill put in some comments and suggestions.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I am looking to get this army done for atleast one GT this year. This is the concept, what do you guys think of it, it is meant to be competitive and fun:

Chaos Dwarf Hero- 94 (General)here's a hint, you look like you want a decent magic phase, so I would make your general a level 4 sorceror. He's the only one who will have a decent range of spells and be able to throw 4 dice at the big spells (like wall of fire) so I would consider him. He's also ldship 10 and should take a couple of power stones so you can get a decent # of PD.
Great Weapon
Armour of Gazrakh

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer- 125One of these could be exchanged for a Bull Centaur BSB. You can give him the awesome armor and sword of might, he has high leadership, toughness and more attacks and provides a monster -killer character.
Level 2
Dispell Scroll

Level 2
Dispell Scroll

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer- 135
Level 2
Black Gem of Gnar

X3 10 Hobgoblins good screening units

X3 20 Hobgoblins- 60these guys aren't quite big enough for combat (can't remember if they have light armor standard or not). I would bulk them up to 25 at least or maybe cut them down to 2 units only.
Shields

X2 10 Hobgoblins- 140
Wolfs
Bows

24 Chaos Dwarfs- 286
Musician
Standard
Banner of Slavery

24 Chaos Dwarfs- 261
Musician
Standard
Warbanner

10 Chaos Dwarfs- 120 I find these totally overrated and expensive. They really (due to their range) only get to shoot 1 per game unless your opponent lets you stand and shoot.
Blunderbusses

X2 24 Orcs- 174
Shields
Full Command

4 Hobgoblin BTs

Earthshaker

230 models
8 Power Dice
5 Dispell Dice+ 2 Scolls
I love how you got so many models into one army. I wish you luck in playing them. Almost need spears on the wolfgobbos just incase you want to flank charge with them. Bull centaurs are super nice if you play by the old rules, but their expensive too.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ok, i have the rules.

First thing ive noticed, Blunderbuss ranks still only need to be 4 wide for +1 Str. As that unit, with just 1 rank bonus, wont do too much in combat anyway, id say add 2 to the unit and run them 4x3. You could add another 3 for combat ranks too if you can find the points.

The Black Gem isnt a brilliant item, i think swapping it for the Chalice may be a good idea, that seems quite a nice tactical item for messing around with magic phases a bit.

What is the purpose of the 3 small units of HobGobs? The units of 20 Could do with LA though, and possibkly boost to 25. However, with LA and S that doubles their cost, so you either have 3 units of 25 with a 4+ save in combat, or 6 units of 25 for the same cost. I think the naked mass HobGobs will be the better option.

Not sure how good the bows wll prove, again it adds to the hobgob cost without really being able to earn the points back in Kills. Fast Cav is great however.

Banner of Slavery is kinda expensive i think, maybe loose that. Then again, combined with the Generals Awesome Ld, it may make your Gobbos pretty good against fear causing units.

Possibly have a unit or two of Dwaves with Great Axes? Also possibly double up on the Blunderbuss unit.

No so sure about the Orcs, id say give them 2xHW if anything, for more attacks.

Bolters are good, as is the Earthshaker. Look at getting a unit of Bull Centaurs too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts