Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lord:

Alter Highborn w/ GW + LA + Shield+ Arcane Bodkins + bow of Loren + Stone of crystalmere
282 pts

Heroes:

Scout Kindred Noble w/ LA + hand weapon + Shield + pageant of shrikes + hunters talon
144 pts

Noble, BSB w/ LA + standard of Ariel
192 pts

Spellsinger, LVL1 w/ 2x dispel scrolls
140 pts

Core:

10x GG w/ music
126 pts

10x GG w/ music
126 pts

6x scouts w/ SB + music + banner of zenith
145 pts

8x dryads

8x dryads

Special:

17x EG w/ FC ( BSB here)
216 pts

6x WR w/ SB + music + warbanner
217 pts

6x WR w/ SB + music
174 pts

3x treekin

Rare:

2x Great eagle

Total:
2249 pts

Any comments are welcome!

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
who are your main opponents? All I can think about is how this setup would be great against certain armies, but really bite it against other. I have a hard time seeing the eternal guard being as good without the usual setup either (stubborn w/Eternal Kindred)

Like I said, I don't like this list in a tournament, because there are too many other armies that can tear it apart (ie. magic heavy, toughness4 guys, shooty heavy, etc.)

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a hard time seeing the eternal guard being as good without the usual setup either (stubborn w/Eternal Kindred)
Well, since the BSB is a noble they are still stubborn but with the banner they also cause fear and give off a MR bubble.

Like I said, I don't like this list in a tournament, because there are too many other armies that can tear it apart (ie. magic heavy, toughness4 guys, shooty heavy, etc.)
Not quite sure I am with you entirely here. In regards to magic heavy armies I am really only slightly worse off than the majority of WE lists, I do have a scroll caddy and the banner gives off the MR bubble which helps. My Scout noble is also perfect for picking off lone mages and the like. I aslo believe that I have a enough fast movers and heavy hitters to handle nearly anything that gets thrown at me.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
well, you know your opponents better than I do. I just see you having problems with the High Elves, Dwarves, lizardmen, O&G and Empire armies I play every week. If your scouts or scout lord can see to shoot, they can be targetted with magic themselves. You only have 3 units with magic resistance and they only have MR1. You can dispel 1 bound and 1 spell a turn. Most High Elf armies have 9 power dice and a bound spell without going magic heavy. A lot of Empire armies are the same including prayers and bound spells, O&G too. The Hunter's talon can only wound on a 4 (except vs. skink priests) at best. Against dwarves and orcs and the like, you're going to have a harder time getting it to work. PoShrikes is allright, but if you're in range to shoot it, then you're in range to get toasted by magic) BoL and AB only works against heavily armored troops. On Dwarves you'll need 5's to wound and orcs could care less because of their numbers.

i'm just sayin against a lot of armies, this won't work as well as you like (at least, it never did for me and I had 5 dispel dice)

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Ouch! That BSB is quite expensive and very fragile, he will net a lot of points to the enemy, he is after all T3 with a 6+ save.

Having a scout as your general is a bit problematic as you tend to have them in dangerous situations so you risk giving your opponent another easy 100VP.

I like the rest of your list though. Lots of cool stuff.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made some changes... how does this one look?

Lord:

Alter Highborn w/ GW + LA + BoL + AB + SotCM + enchanted shield
254 pts

Heroes:

Eternal Guard Noble w/ HoDA + Merciw’s Locus
130 pts

Branchwraith, LVL1 w/ cluster of radiants + annoyance of nettlings
165 pts

Spellsinger LVL1 w/ 2x dispel scrolls
140 pts

Core:

10x GG w/ music
126 pts

10x GG w/ music
126 pts

9x dryads

9x Dryads

6x scouts w/ FC + banner of the Zenith
145 pts

Special:

17x EG w/ FC
234 pts

6x WR w/ SB + Music + Warbanner
199 pts

6x WR w/ SB + Music
174 pts

Rare:

1x Treeman

1x great eagle

Total:
2250 pts

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I like the list.

You do realise that a character doesn't have to be of the Eternal Kin to join Eternal Guard?

By the way, I really like the Eternal Noble, I have used that one to great effect.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do realise that a character doesn't have to be of the Eternal Kin to join Eternal Guard?
yep, but I think I like him the way he is.

By the way, I really like the Eternal Noble, I have used that one to great effect.
excellent... from the way I understand it the HoDA can be used in a stand and shoot for a bit of a surprise.

I was also thinking about moving the warbanner to the EG, good or bad idea?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
A warbanner can be a good thing, but with EG your relying on your stubborn Ld 9 to tar pit your opponent.

I prefer to have my warbanner on the Wildriders, which you do at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.