Mirage

Rare
Casket of Souls

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

·
Registered
366 Posts
King - Lose the Spear, its only good if mounted. If you really want a survivor King, go for Armour of the Ages, Collar of Shappesh, Vambraces of the Sun, Great Weapon Combo, or you could do the full agressive king thing with Destroyer of Eternities.

Liche Priests - All good, 8Y but give the King Broache of the great destert and drop a scroll to stop them being concentrated on the same model, or maybe even drop one. 5 dispel dice, 1 scroll and -1 to cast is normally enough.

20 Skele Archers with BoUL - All Good 8Y

2 Swarms - all good 8Y

20 Skele Archers - don't really need a third unit, would be better spent on some chariots to give you some much needed manouverability.

2 Scorpions - all good 8Y

4 Ushabti - all good 8Y, but keep them within range of a healer becuase they will be targeted.

Tomb Guard - drop the mirage standard and give them the Icon of Rakaph, its much more useful, especially as you can just raise the TG back up anyway.

Casket - all good 8Y

Catapult - all good 8Y

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Overall, I like :)

The Spear for a King on foot can be a good choice, generally better if you are facinng weaker enemies. Possibly loose it for athe Sword of Might though.

Id say look at Rakaph for the Tomb Guard, or even loosing UDL from the skellies and putting it on the TG, then adding a few more to the TG's number.

I think you could really do with some Chariots, so drop the second Bow unit (as said above) for a unit of 4.

Rest looks fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only reason i never really try to include chariot units in my defensive list is because i feel like theyre not going to be able to recieve the support they need since theyre so mobile especially in a defensive build. from experience you guys dont think that taking advantage of the enemies LOS with the casket aswell as crowd control of the ssc and my archers wont be negated by a unit that closes the distance so early in the game?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
The thing is, the chariots dont run straight in. They wait, along with the rest of you army. Then, instead of just having the upper hand at range, and losing the incentive as the enemy charge in, you can use the chariots to go on a 'surprise' attack, just before the enemy gets to charge you, use their great movement to get them into combat first and help you pick your fights. Then the rest of your combat unit move in when they can.
Hope that description is ok and you get the general jist of what im trying to say lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.