Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

Simply because the Shaggoth model is just too cool, I've written up a Dragon list of Chaos :D I understand something like this will have good and bad match ups, but see what you all reckon. Comments appreciated, still a bit of an experiment on my end....

L+H - Chaos Lord on Dragon
Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne, Enchanted Shield, Flail

H - Chaos Sorcerer
Level 1, Mark of Tzeentch, Rod of Torment

H - Chaos Sorcerer
Level 2, Steed, Book of Secrets

C - 10x Warriors
Mark of Tzeentch, Halberd, Shield

C - 18x Marauders
Great Weapon, Muso

C - 5x Marauder Horsemen
Muso, Flail

C - 5x Hounds

C - 5x Hounds

S - 6x Chaos Knights
Mark of Tzeentch, Standard, Banner of Rage

R - Shaggoth
Addit Hand Weapon

R - Shaggoth
Great Weapon

TOTAL - 2249

THE PLAN Almost all of the core section works as bait - the Warriors might kill stuff, but the rest just draws the enemy in so that my monsters and get a juicy flank charge or something.

I kinda wanted some form of magic in a Tzeentch themed list, so the Magic Phase is designed to throw out 4 magic missiles every turn. 3 on 2 dice, and 1 bound. If something gets through the magic defence, huzzah! If not, it's not pivotal to the plan...

Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
Enemy Magic could rip this list apart. With just 4 DD in a game of 2250 points it wouldn't fare well. Also I would invest more in your core infantry and less in the quick moving units i.e. a unit of knights, 2 shaggoths, and a dragon is meh. I understand this is meant to be a fun list but in any semi-competitive setting don't expect to do much. In some match ups it would work but often not. As far as the marauder set up I don't build them like that however It seems that unit will just get charged, broken, and run down.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right o, thanks for the reply :) I can help with the magic problem, but at the end of the day, the plan to deal with enemy magic is to only show them the Dragon, and let MR2 do it's thing. With your suggestion though, I'll go back a heavier magic phase with a couple of scrolls.

I would've thought that twin Shaggis, a Dragon and Knights would form a good hard hitting army. it's not the norm, but I haven't even given it a go yet. I'll try this list at least once, failing that, go back to twin Hellcannons, or Warshrines and more Warriors. I'm not doomed if this fails.

Just a note on the Marauders - they''re designed to be a bait and compulsory core choice. They aren't meant to win combat with that setup :p

Changes in Bold. All I've done is change the Characters a bit, it affects the Magic phase quite a bit.

L+H - Sorcerer Lord on Dragon
Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4, Collar of Khorne, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Dispel Scrolll

H - Chaos Sorcerer
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll

C - 10x Warriors

C - 18x Marauders
Great Weapon, Muso

C - 5x Marauder Horsemen
Muso, Flail

C - 5x Hounds

C - 5x Hounds

S - 6x Chaos Knights
Mark of Tzeentch, Standard, Banner of Rage

R - Shaggoth
Addit Hand Weapon

R - Shaggoth
Great Weapon

TOTAL - 2249

·
Registered
96 Posts
timk1111; [B said:
L+H - Sorcerer Lord on Dragon[/B]
Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4, Collar of Khorne, Enchanted Shield, Spell Familiar, Dispel Scrolll
good
H - Chaos Sorcerer
Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll
good
C - 10x Warriors
Change to 12 warrios (6x2)
C - 18x Marauders
Great Weapon, Muso
Drop Completly in favour of:
(C - 5x Marauder Horsemen) x2
Muso, Flail

C - 5x Hounds

C - 5x Hounds

S - 6x Chaos Knights
Mark of Tzeentch, Standard, blasted standard(you now have 4+ward vs shooting!)

R - Shaggoth
Addit Hand Weapon
Replace with 4x dragon ogres
R - Shaggoth
Great Weapon

TOTAL - 2249
For you magic phase I would go:

1 die flickering fire
1 die flickering fire
2 die fireball(bos)
5 die infernel gateway

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would seriously think about taking tzeentch. Are you really going to guess your magic on gateway, wich is rather random with no reroll gift.

I think nurgle would do ALOT better. Ofcourse with Rot, glorious rot, but also another important spell. Indeed, regeneration! You have 3 large targets who will get shot to pieces fairly fast. Nurgle reduced the missles on your dragon and regeneration can safe those lethal cannonballs.

For the rest, it looks as pretty good. Not sure about a unit of foot slogging marrauders who will break from combat almost every time something comes there way. But if your good with baiting and flee-ing i can see them put to good use, but thats more up to you than the list. :p

Oh and one last thing @ assbunny.
Do you really think someone will be shooting the knights when he has 2 shaggots and a dragon running around? That's right.

Don't take blasted standard, stick with rage.

HK

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some good points so thanks guys! :)

In regards to Nurgle, without any Hellcannons, I think I want to risk Gateway. Never thought of Nurgle really, just want that kind of theme really. BUt since I own 4 different Chaos armies, when Beastmen drops, maybe things will change....

I'd love to get an all cav army going, but I've got a ton of infantry, so that's I'm trying to use them.

Last thing about the Shaggoths, I'm trying to team them up for a double charge on whatever I want to explode. It does make the army darn small though...

Thanks again, rep ahoy!

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.