Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so if you are wondering about the Quarrellers this is what i plan to do with them. I will deploy them in a line infront of my other units. Their center will be in between IB and LBs so i can fire 25 shots a turn, until i need to reform into a 5X5 block. Most games i will get anywhere from 50-75 shots from this. Other than having to explain that, i feel my list is open for discussion. Please feel free to leave any constructive feedback. Thank you.

Dwarves
Lord:
Dwarf Lord
Rune of Stone
Rune of Stone
Great Weapon
Rune of Snorri Spangelhelm
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim

Heroes:
Runesmith
Great Weapon
Rune of Stone
Rune of Spell Breaking

Runesmith
Great Weapon

Master Engineer

Core:
20X Longbeards
Shields
Full Command

25X Quarrellers

Shields
Full Command

Thunderers X 10

Special:
20X Ironbreakers
Full Command

2X Bolt Thrower
BT(1)
Engineer
Rune of Penetrating

BT(2)
Rune of Penetrating
Rune of Burning

20X Slayers
Standard, Champ

Cannon
Engineer

Rare:
Organ Gun

Gyrocopter

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
Dwarf Lord
Rune of Stone
Rune of Stone
Great Weapon
Rune of Snorri Spangelhelm
Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
Duplicate Runes of Stone have no added effect. Runes of Fury are needed on his Runic Weapon. How about Shieldbearers?

Runesmith
Great Weapon
Rune of Stone
Rune of Spell Breaking

Runesmith
Great Weapon
1 Runesmith is MORE then enough. Drop the second one. Equip the remaining Runesmith with a Great Weapon, Rune of Spellbreaking and Rune of Balance.

Master Engineer
Very expensive for little benefit. Drop him.

Add a Thane or even 2 (1 should be the BSB, the second a damage dealer).

20X Longbeards
Shields
Full Command
Mabye add Great Weapons for killyness and/or Runic Standard?

25X Quarrellers
Shields
Full Command
Why such a large unit? Replace them with Warriors anyway (you must have at least as many Warrior units as Longbeard units so currently your list is illegal). Your 'line out the front' ploy may not work as intended against any army with any heavy cavalry (who can charge you second turn and not take damage from stand and shoot). You have overlooked the fact that your quarreller unit will block the line of sight of the rest of the army.

Thunderers X 10
Mabye get shields (only 10 points but makes them annoyingly hard to kill).

20X Ironbreakers
Full Command
Perhaps a runic standard?

2X Bolt Thrower
BT(1)
Engineer
Rune of Penetrating

BT(2)
Rune of Penetrating
Rune of Burning
They do not both need Rune of Penetrating if you also have a cannon. Add an Engineer to the second Bolt Thrower if you drop the Master Engineer (obviously).

20X Slayers
Standard, Champ
Slayers (in my opinion) are very easy to break. They die very quickly in all instances. Being unbreakable is a very small advantage when the rest of your army gets LD9-10, sometimes Stubborn and probably has rerolls (panic rerolls from Longbeards and break test rerolls from BSB).

Cannon
Engineer
Drop the Engineer. YOU NEED TO GET RUNE OF FORGING (deserves capitals).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Longbeards Illegal?

Why such a large unit? Replace them with Warriors anyway (you must have at least as many Warrior units as Longbeard units so currently your list is illegal).

doesn't the special rule named: Royal Blood that comes with D.Lords account for the missing warrior unit.

Besides that you should take 25 warriors instead of these guys, saves you 3pts/model so you get to spend 75 pts on your longbeards and/or Ironbreakers (runic standard) XD

about the ME, yes its a waste of points, anther thane will benefit you so much more

Good luck! Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.