Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an upcoming 2250 tournament in a few weeks and I am unsure of what kind of list to take. I will be facing an opponent who usually uses a heavy Magic based Dark Elf army, with maybe 1 or 2 hydra's, and some dark riders, a Bretonnia army that I have no intel on, some Tomb Kings, which I am not to worried about, and possibly some Wood Elves.

What I'm having trouble with is on what heroes/lords to take. The only team that has me worried enough about magic is the Dark elves. So I was thinking of taking a Slann, but in the past against them, my Scar Vets, and Old Blood's have done very well against them. But if I took a Old Blood instead of a Slann, would I be losing a lot of magic against the lesser magic armies, or would it put me at a disadvantage against his usual Supreme Sorceress?

Any input on this would be very helpful. As I said the tournament is in a few weeks, so I could have plenty of time to discuss this with you guys.

·
Registered
691 Posts
If you use the Slann, I would suggest the following......

1) give him the BSB, with the one that causes wizards within 18 inches to take stupidity tests. I know a DE SS has a LD of 9 and is more likely to pass it, but if she should fail it, that could be a game changer on your part and I dont think it cost THAT much. Remember that the standard does not cut into your own magic point allotment.

2) Take the dicipline that gives you a MR of 3, your going to need it vs the DE. I'd go with the one that forces miscasts unto the enemy.

3) There are a few other magic items that you need on the slann, there was one that gives a Ward of +2 vs any ranged attack (magic or otherwise). In theory, with that you can almost count on your slann being able to stand back and deliver vs them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could take a lvl 2 skink priest with a diadem and dispel scroll and an EOTG with a dispel scroll (that should give you 5-7 dispel dice and 2-3 dispell scrolls depending on your preferences), and if the hydra's are a problem for you like they usually are for me take an oldblood mounted on a carnosaur with burning blade (also would help against those bretts) or on a coldone with blade of realities, the hydras Ld is pretty low.

I also find that darkelves tend to take a sorcerres with a focus familiar and plonk it in a wood so 3 terradons usually act as a deterent to that. good luck :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
because Dark Magic does not do fire damage, you might want to consider giving your Slann the regeneration dicipline. That way, even if he should wound you and get past your ward save you then have that to spring on him.

The black crystal or something like that is also needed, as it acts as a dispell scroll and has a 50/50 chance of ending the current magic phase immediately. Let him cast that spell that gives him extra power dice (the one where she gets +d3+1 power dice). When they try to cast another spell, immediately cast that item. If it ends the magic phase immediately the wizard takes a S4 hit for every one of those power dice that were not used, giving you a chance again to damage the wizard without actually putting a lot at risk.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree, if you usually run the old-blood on a carnosaur, then run him, take a couple of skink priests, one with dispel scroll and diadem, the other with cube of darkness, even if the cubes effect doesnt get you any wounds on his sorceress, the chance of relieving him of an entire magic phase could be the turning point of the battle.

Hope this helps

Chickenout!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.