Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I have finally decided on what to do with my empire army that I have been wanting to start. I am going to convert and paint it to be Monty Python and the Holy Grail themed. Ok, so, here is my list. I am trying to be as competitive as possible. All comments welcome.

Lords

Arch Lector of Sigmar
War Altar of Sigmar
Dawn Armour
Van Horstmann's Speculum
Hammer of Judgement
Shield

Heroes
Warrior Priest
Great Weapon
Armour of Meteoric Iron
The Crimson Amulet

Battle Wizard

Level 2
Orb of Thunder
Ring of Volans

Battle Wizard
Level 2
Doomfire Ring
Crystal Ball

Core

Archers x10
Marksman
Huntsman

Flagellant Warband x30
Prophet of Doom

Handgunners x10
Marksman
Hochland

Handgunners x10
Marksman
Hochland

Special

Greatswords x20
Halberdier Detatchment x10

Inner Circle Knights x5

Inner Circle Knights x5
Preceptor

Rare
Steam Tank

Ok, so here is how I'm making this Monty Pythony. The Arch lector will be King Arthur and the war altar is the Giant Wooden Rabbit.

The warrior priest is Brother Maynard.

One wizard is Tim the Enchanter and the other will be the Old Man from Scene 24.

The group of huntsman archers is Dennis and the Peasants. (HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!!)

The flagellant warband is the "We found a witch, may we burn her?" mob. i think I might make a centerpiece for this mob that is the lady and the duck sitting on the scales. I think that it will show a little better what they are supposed to be.

The handgunners are the french.

The greatswords will either be the monks with the boards or the nuns from castle anthrax.

The halberdiers are the guards to swamp castle.

The block of 5 ICK are the knights of the round table. I will be painting these guys up individually to look like each one. (Sir Robin, Sir Lancelot, Sir Bedevere, and Sir Galahad) And yes, I will be modeling these as two guys standing on cavalry bases with the guy behind beating coconuts together.

The block of 6 ICK will be the Knights of Ni. They will be modeled as guys standing on cavalry bases with shrubs in front of them on the base.

And finally the steam tank. Yes, you guys all knew it was coming. I will be modeling this as a lone rabbit standing in the center of a Chariot base with skeletons laying around and I will build up the sides and corners so that it looks like it is in a ditch/crater like in the movie.

Sorry about the long post, but if you guys have any changes to make on the list or what things should be modeled as, please just post and let me know. This project will take a while and it will be a lot of work, but I promise to post pics once I'm finished. Most of the stuff I still need to buy, which I won't be able to do until the summer when I can work again. (Darn school)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Well...it's going to be thematic...but I thought you were looking for something that will crush your enemies and drink their mead...this is a decent list, but I'd make room for some artillery, and if you wanted to max out the cheese factor, you'd want shooty troops, artillery, magic, marchblockers, and nothing else.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So.... like this?

Lords

Arch Lector of Sigmar
War Altar of Sigmar
Dawn Armour
Van Horstmann's Speculum
Hammer of Judgement
Shield

Heroes
Warrior Priest
Great Weapon
Armour of Meteoric Iron
The Crimson Amulet

Battle Wizard

Level 2
Orb of Thunder
Ring of Volans

Battle Wizard
Level 2
Doomfire Ring
Crystal Ball

Core

Archers x10
Marksman
Huntsman

Flagellant Warband x30
Prophet of Doom

Handgunners x15
Marksman
Hochland

Special

Greatswords x20

Outriders x5
Outrider Champion

Inner Circle Knights x5
Preceptor

Mortar

Rare
Steam Tank

As far as modeling goes, most of the stuff will stay the same. The few things that have changed are:
The war altar will now either be the "Bring out your dead" cart or Roger the Shrubber's cart.
The steam tank will now be the giant wooden rabbit instead of the Rabbit of Caerbannog.
My outriders will be the cops.
My mortar will be a bretonian trebuchet with a cow aout to be launched instead of a rock.
My greatswords are now the chanting monks instead of the nuns of castle anthrax.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Definitely better...would you consider reducing the outriders to pistoliers in order to get more models on the table? Specifically, I think that would allow you to keep the 2x10 handgunners, which is much better than 1x15. Maybe also consider the rod of power for one of the mages, so that you can have more casting dice if the enemy is weak on magic, and more dispel dice if he's strong?

Consider changing the halberdiers to spearmen or free company, too. The greatswords are already providing high-strength attacks...spears/dual hand would bring balance by giving you tons of S3 attacks to get your greatswords out of trouble if they get stuck fighting a large block of weak troops...especially one that doesn't run, like TK infantry (which also regenerate).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Definitely better...would you consider reducing the outriders to pistoliers in order to get more models on the table? Specifically, I think that would allow you to keep the 2x10 handgunners, which is much better than 1x15. Maybe also consider the rod of power for one of the mages, so that you can have more casting dice if the enemy is weak on magic, and more dispel dice if he's strong?

Consider changing the halberdiers to spearmen or free company, too. The greatswords are already providing high-strength attacks...spears/dual hand would bring balance by giving you tons of S3 attacks to get your greatswords out of trouble if they get stuck fighting a large block of weak troops...especially one that doesn't run, like TK infantry (which also regenerate).
I like the outriders because I will probably be playing this army mostly as a "Come and get me" army. Though I could use pistoliers if you guys think that they would be better.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so the Empire Wizards box that I ordered finnally came in, and I have assembled both of my wizards. So, here is Tim the Enchanter and The Old Man from Scene 24.

First, Tim the Enchanter

Next is the Old Man from Scene 24

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
love the coppers...they'd make good arbites for 40k.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You might want to consider using Bretonnian Knights and Men-at-Arms for some of your models, to have a more medieval, Holy Grail look.

Otherwise, sounds hilarious!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You may also want to consider using the Ilsuldor model from the Lord of the Rings battle game for King Arthur, as they look fairly similar.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
wil the steamtank be a copcar?

the mortar can fire cows heheh

-edit- Maybe i should read better next time sorry -.-

sounds like a big project, good luck :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may also want to consider using the Ilsuldor model from the Lord of the Rings battle game for King Arthur, as they look fairly similar.
I can't. I was going to originally, but when I talked to Games Workshop, they said that you can mix 40k and Fantasy all thaat you want, but the LOTR mini's are copyrighted and can only be used for LOTR and WOTR

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might want to consider using Bretonnian Knights and Men-at-Arms for some of your models, to have a more medieval, Holy Grail look.

Otherwise, sounds hilarious!
There can be no horses so I cant use the Knights, also, I am already using the Bretonnian Men-at-Arms

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't. I was going to originally, but when I talked to Games Workshop, they said that you can mix 40k and Fantasy all thaat you want, but the LOTR mini's are copyrighted and can only be used for LOTR and WOTR
the LOTR models are also smaller then the warhammer models (28mm heroic, 25mm)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts