Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite liking the idea of a Nurgle/Khorne army both from a fluff and painting perspective. With the following list I'm aiming for a magic heavy - cavalry force.

Sorceror: 206
Extra Magic Level
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Infernal Puppet
Spell Familiar

Extra Magic Level
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Dispel Scroll
Power Familiar

Extra Magic Level
Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Steed
Dispel Scroll
Book of Secrets

Exalted Hero: 265
Battle Standard Bearer
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Shield
Axe of Khorne
Bronze Armour of Zhraak

5 Marauder Horsemen: 110
Flails
Light Armour
Mark of Khorne

Flails
Light Armour
Mark of Khorne

Flails
Light Armour
Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Warhounds: 30

6 Chaos Knights: 335
Musician
Standard
Mark of Nurgle
Banner of Rage

6 Chaos Knights: 320
Musician
Standard
Rapturous Standard
Mark of Nurgle

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: 285
Great Weapon

Total: 2246

I'm pretty sure that the Sorcerors are pretty good as they are garnering me 10 power dice, 8 spells (one from an "outside" lore) and 5 dispel dice plus two scrolls.

However I'm not 100% about the Exalted BSB, he can crack big targets well but I'm afraid I'm investing too many points in characters.

The core seem simple enough with frenzied horsemen and warhounds to harass and chase off annoying scouts/skirmishers, I'm quite happy with the knight units as well although I'm open to suggestions on both.

The Shaggoth may not be the most effective choice of a rare, but it'll sure atttract those cannons/bolt throwers which means they're not shooting my knights and there seem to be a fair few "monster mash" armies floating about and he can sure give them a good wallop. The fact that the model is devastatingly good doesn't hurt either.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like everything, except the shaggoth. As he is a cool model, being how he only has 4 attacks, he might deal 2 wounds a turn and against something like a steg that would take too long. I would much prefer a unit of d.ogre however their models are ugly and the shaggoth is sick so take that into account.

Also i don't have the book with me, but isn't armor of zhrakk 15 pts and axe of khorne 45 pts? That would be more points then he could carry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmmm...

This is just an idea but... Well you could drop your bsb completely, and then instead boost one of your sorcerors to a sorceror lord, so you can cast spells with more dice, perhaps put him on a dragon, or make him a DP so you can fly him around and cause havoc with RgR! If you can find the points i'd say that would give your army a fancy little tactical element!

Other than that i like the looks of it!

Manorr

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ah yes, bit of a cock up with the Exalted there, how about this?

Exalted Hero: 249
Battle Standard Bearer
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Shield
Flail
Bronze Armour of Zhraak
Bloodcurdling Roar
Favour of the Gods

Leaves me with 20 points that I could put a musician in each of the Marauders.

Yes I know that a unit of Dragon Ogres would be more effective than a Shaggoth but as you said the models look ass compared to the dark majesty of the Shaggoth, plus as I said I expect him to be a fire magnet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.