Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've played variations of the same list for too long, so I decided to come up with something different, though familiar. I pared down all my units. Nothing is worth very much, and I took a lot of champions.

I don't think it'll do that great, but it could pull off a surprise victory or two. It will force me to think about my game very differently. Right now, I'll load the middle of the board with my 20 glade guard, probably deployed between 6 and 8 inches in. Waywatchers will look for opportunities to lurk on the flanks and focus fire. One unit

Waywatcher Noble, general, Elynett's Broach an Rageth's Wildfire Blades: 140
Noble, BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow, lt armor: 132
Singer, scroll x 2: 140
Branchwraith, cluster of radiants: 140

Glade Guard x 10, lord's bowman: 132
Glade Guard x 10, lord's bowman: 132
Scouts x 6, mus: 108
Dryads x 9, branch nymph: 120
Glade Riders x 7, mus, horse master: 186

Eternal Guard x 12, mus: 150
Wardancers x 6, mus: 115
Wild Riders x 5, mus: 130
Warhawks x 3: 120

Waywatchers x 10, shadow sentinel: 248
Waywatchers x 10, shadow sentinel: 248

----------------
91 models

Core units make up about 30% of the army, characters another 30%, while both special and core come in at 22%. The only other unit I really wish I had is a great eagle.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
320 Posts
looks like an interesting fun army which is what I think you are looking for. Glade riders are a little large for my taste, and the way watchers are a little large and have a champ which isnt usually the norm, but I can see why you are taking them and can see how they can be fun in this list. Only reccomendation is have you looked at the terror bomb noble? (noble with blight of terror). It may be a nice addition to what you are looking for.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up taking this:
WW noble with elynett's brooch and the Wildfire Blades
Singer with 2 scrolls
Branchwraith radiants
noble on eagle with HotH and HODA

10 archers x 2, mus
8 scouts mus
8 dryads x 2, 1 champ
7 Glade Riiders , mus

Eternal Guard x 12, mus
Wardancers x 6, mus
Wild Riders x5 mus
Warhawks x 3

Waywatchers x 10, sentinel
Waywatchers x 10, sentinel

In Game 1, I shot a LM army to pieces. I got a lucky killing blow on the priest riding an engine of the gods steg and that sealed the game. It reduced the magic phase quite, too, so it was all down hill from there.

In Game 2, I played Skaven, so I was excited to see the new army play for the first time, though I knew it would be a tough game. He had the stormbanner, which really ruined the game for me. He didn't use it turn 1, so I was able to do a fair amount of damage with my shooting in round 1. After he activated it on turn 2, it remained in effect until turn 4. Turns 2 and 3 are crucial rounds for WE shooting. I did manage to kill the plague furnace. I shot it out of the plague rat unit. It's a large target, so it was visible and targetable. I couldn't know the priest off the furnace, but I did eliminate that thing, which was surprising. But I couldn't handle his numbers. I made a number of bad moves and just got my ass handed to me.

Game 3 was against High Elves. It was a good matchup for me and my shooting dice were hot. I killed one of his mages on turn 1. He made the mistake of putting a mage in a unit of 10 archers that was deployed opposite my warhawks, 2 units of waywatchers, one unit of glade guard, and my HoDA noble. So I zapped those guys and killed his eagle in turn 1. A good start.

His bolt throwers put a hurt on me, and his phoenix guard caught my wild riders who had steamrolled through 2 chariots but left their flank exposed to do so.

My waywatchers and glade guard ate 10 of his dragon princes, and my eternal guard engaged in a protracted combat against another unit of dragon princes. I had two warhawks left and threw them into the combat, just to see them die. It took a unit of dryads moving over and jumping the flank for me to finally break through fear.

His second mage was parked in a unit of archers, so I dropped them, too.

I think the high elf player did during this game the same thing I did in my game 2: made mistakes, probably from being tired, suffered some unfortunate dice rolls, and had difficult matchup.

I ended 2 wins and 1 loss but only 40 battle points. I got player's choice and a $40 gift certificate, which I'm using on some terrain I've ordered.

The eternal guard actually served a purpose, kind of. They claimed a quarter in turn 1, occupied a house in turn 2, and fought off that unit of knights. Well, held up that unit of knights. Still I'm dropping them if I take this list again.

I'm going to Sooiepalooza in January and taking my Woodies. It's 2500 points, so it really lets me field a lot of shooting. But it'll mean assembling and painting another unit of archers and 6 more glade riders.

Librarium | Online | Forums

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.