Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A variation on my standard list, brought up to 2250 because the HE players 'round here want to play w/more of their shiny toys.

Lord
Gorbad Ironclaw [310]

Heroes
Savage Orc Bigboss [129]
-L. Armor, Shield
-Ironback Boar
-Martog's Best Basha

Night Goblin Shaman [100]
-2x Dispel Scroll

Goblin Bigboss [93]
-L. Armor, Shield, Wolf
-One hit Wonda', Brimstone Bauble

Troops
20 Night Goblins [135]
-3x Fanatics

20 Night Goblins [135]
-3x Fanatics

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa

5 Goblin Wolf Riders [130]
-Shortbows

-Shortbows

Special
10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz [393]
-Spear & Shield
-Full Command
-Big 'Unz
-Gork's Waaagh! Banner

Orc Boar Chariot [80]

Orc Boar Chariot [80]

2x Goblin Spear Chukka [70]

Rare
Goblin Doom Diver [80]

Goblin Doom Diver [80]

The Savage Orcs are an experiment - I have no idea how they're going to work in the 12 man squads, or if I'll even have room to fit them on the board w/out tripping over each other =P If they work, awesome - if not, I'll reconfigure and give them another shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take away one savage orc unit and make the others bigger (Give them standard & champion)

And make you savage orc boar boyz to 2 units of 5-6 full command or take away 4-5 and have 1 unit

And away with big 'uns +8p.. Not a great deal..

You can get someting better with these points..

Maybe change one doom diver to 2 pump wagons? (Chariots are very against Elves ;))

And get a BSB! They are really good to O&G armies

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, this is an interesting list. Being also a LM player, I've used saurus in small units of 12, to varied success. Although I've never played a list like this, I'll give a little feedback.

Lord
Gorbad Ironclaw [310]
Good

Heroes
Savage Orc Bigboss [129]
-L. Armor, Shield
-Ironback Boar
-Martog's Best Basha
Also good. I'm guessing he will be with the boar boys correct?

Night Goblin Shaman [100]
-2x Dispel Scroll
Also good.

Goblin Bigboss [93]
-L. Armor, Shield, Wolf
This guy I'm not so much of a fan of. Looks like you are going for the suicide hero, which could work, but for me, I'd rather not lose one so fast. A BSB could work for you, although you have a ton of frenzied troops. Something to play test, as I don't have much info on that. But a BSB would be nice...hmmmm.

Troops
20 Night Goblins [135]
-3x Fanatics
Won't make any friends with these :D. But also be careful. Before my realization on the fact, I used to put 3 fanatics in each unit. After a few games of having my gobbos run, or failed animosity tests left them useless, I realized that the fanatics were too many points to be in a weedy gobbo unit. Those 3 crazy loonies cost 15 more points than the 20 man unit hiding them. Just something to think about.

20 Night Goblins [135]
-3x Fanatics
Same as above.

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa
Would like to see how the unit comp works out.

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa

12 Savage Orcs [145]
-Musician
-Extra Choppa

-Shortbows
If these are in groups of 5, the points are wrong. If you give them spears and short bows, and also a musician, total for each unit of 5 comes to 76 pts.

-Shortbows
See above.

Special
10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz [393]
-Spear & Shield
-Full Command
-Big 'Unz
-Gork's Waaagh! Banner
Suggest drop these guys down a bit. Probably to around 6. Big 'Unz is fine with me, I love the number of attacks these guys put out.

Orc Boar Chariot [80]

Orc Boar Chariot [80]

2x Goblin Spear Chukka [70]

Rare
Goblin Doom Diver [80]

Goblin Doom Diver [80]
Rest looks solid.

List overall looks good, just made a few changes that give you a bit of points to play around with. Good luck, and tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
small units

i played orc and goblins for around 4 years and played around 12 tournaments with my mixed night goblin/ orc list and if theres one thing i've learnt is that ORCS NEED TO BE IN UNITS OF AT LEAST 20!, and goblins IN UNITS OF AT LEAST 25. Combine the units of savage orcs and use the saved points to buy command models, as i think i noticed someone already said. Apart from that, good list.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well looks as though Courtsloth is going for a MSU approach. Now that I look at it, you might come into a few problems. Most noticeably is the MSU approach. Take for example LM. Having Saurus in units of 12 could work. When your opponent charges, you flee, then counter-charge. Your frenzied units can't opt to flee. Secondly if you lose a combat, you lose your frenzy, and don't have a BSB. You just under a 50% chance of fleeing. Then a 66% chance of rallying. The strat could work, but O&G aren't the best MSU army in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if theres one thing i've learnt is that ORCS NEED TO BE IN UNITS OF AT LEAST 20!, and goblins IN UNITS OF AT LEAST 25.
You wrong..
Orcs 25+
Goblins 30+

Goblin Bigboss [93]
-L. Armor, Shield, Wolf
This guy I'm not so much of a fan of. Looks like you are going for the suicide hero, which could work, but for me, I'd rather not lose one so fast.
Say it when this little guy kills your general ;)

(I killed ha Ogre general and did 5 wounds on ironguts.. And it was on turn 2)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't gotten to try the gobbo suicide-bomber yet, but by all reports he's all but a must have.

Gorbad is both a general and a BSB, broadcasting both abilities in an 18" radius - its what makes him worth his points.

I did miscalc. the points on the wolf riders, good catch (and free points ^_^).

One point I've vehemently oppose to is reducing the #'s in the boar boyz squad to anything less than 8. HE and Skaven are my most fierce opponents around here, they both fear the boar boyz and the characters within (rightfuly soo, I might add ^_~) and w/out the extra boyz to soak turn 1-2 mass shooting the unit would dissolve before ever seeing combat.

And as for the S. Orc Boyz, still an experiment. ATM I'm leaning towards splitting the members of one squad between the other two and using the extra points from the wolf riders mis calc. to give them commands.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oops, can't believe I forgot about Gorbad Ironclaw :(.
Also want to point out that your S. Orcs appear to be wrong points. Just rechecked it, and you should save 60 pts from them together. If you take 4 S. Orc Boar boys off the unit, then you can add a unit of 6 with spears and shields with full command. I think that would be better for you, forcing your opponents to split shooting, guaranteeing that you will get a unit of them into combat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeesh, leave it to an English Lit. major to screw up basic math =P. Well, I'll redo points at work tonight (yay security night job =P) and repost in the morning.

P.S.- Gorbad is the MAN (Orc =P). For anyone who hasn't tried him - he comes with my highest recommendation (nothing like watching your opponent's frustration when he can't break Orcs and Goblins =D).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts