Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started Building a new Ogre army with a throng theme. I would like to do some tourney's with it so it's basicly down to soft score to do well with this army. As a theme I am building Pirate Ogres. Everything has a pirate theme and it looks pretty decent. I just started painting so hopefully it will soon hit the tables. In practice games it has done pretty well if anyone has any suggestions as far as minor tweeks that would be helpfull.

Captain (tyrant) - HA - 2 sword gnoblars - 1 luck gnoblar - 2 sword gnoblars - tenderizer - Gut Maw - Wallchrusher (using the pirate maneater model for this)
1st Mate (bruiser) - BSB - HA - dragon hide - lookout gnoblar
Shipscook (Butcher) - Bangstick - dispelscroll
Shipscook (Butcher) - Grut's Sickle - talisman of protection

Core:
3 maties (Bulls) - light armor - ironfist - bellower
3 maties (Bulls) - light armor - ironfist - bellower

3 Boarding crew (ironguts) - bellower
4 Boarding crew (ironguts) - bellower - standars - warbanner - lookout gnoblar

Special:
3 Peg legs (leadbelchers) - bellower
3 Peg legs (leadbelchers) - bellower

Rare:
Long Drong and 12 of his slayer pirates
Gnoblar cannon (DOW cannon)

The cannon helps with the big nasties such as hydra's and all the new big monsters and the slayer pirates are a solid anvil with some decent shooting.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
I like the theme and the models so far. I hate giving my bulls any equipment. They do as best they can with what they come with and it keeps them cheap. Also since you're slightly magic defense weak, swapping the talisman for a thiefstone could help you out here and there. Probably more often than a 6+ ward.

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the theme and the models so far. I hate giving my bulls any equipment. They do as best they can with what they come with and it keeps them cheap. Also since you're slightly magic defense weak, swapping the talisman for a thiefstone could help you out here and there. Probably more often than a 6+ ward.
I like the iron fist on the bulls since it allows them to get that 4+ AS or get the extra attacks to shred through zombies if they have to. The thiefstone is a good Idea. I think I'll make that change. Thanks!

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
I can respect that. Versatility is always nice. But that 48 points is 8 trappers and I love my trappers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.