Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been tinkering with various configurations for my Wood Elves and have recently settled upon this list, please tell me what you think:

Lords and Heroes
Highborn 273 pts
- Wildrider, Elven Steed, Dawnspear, Annoyance of Netlings

Noble 121 pts
- Steed, Spear, Light Armor, Hail of Doom Arrow

Spellsinger 140 pts
- 2x Dispel Scrolls

Branchwraith 165 pts
- Lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants, Befuddlement of Mischiefs

Core
3x 8 Dryads 96 pts

2x 12 Glad Guard 150 pts
- Musician

5 Glade Riders 129 pts
- Musician

Special
10 Wardancers 201 pts
- Bladesinger, Musician

5 Wildriders 191 pts
- Wild Hunter, Standard Bearer w/War Banner

Rare
Treeman 285 pts

6 Waywatchers 152 pts

Grand Total: 2245 pts

The Highborn will go with the Wildriders while the Noble will ride with the Gladeguard to provide a nuisance to my opponents. The Wardancers and Treeman will advance forward whilst the Dryads will act as a counter charge to fill in any gaps I might have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel that the cav units will have a big target on their heads, but with two problems that may arise:
1. they are not really big enough to soak up any damage, leaving some mildly protected characters
2. there isn't enough other fast moving stuff that will need to be considered before the opponent has to deal with them - i.e. the opponent can choose to blast them first and then move down to other threats in time.

Also, the wardancers may be a tad on the large side. With a dryad screen 7 tends to be a magic number.

Hope that is a little bit helpful.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have taken into consideration many people's ideas and have come up with this list:

Lord and Heroes
Highborn 255 pts
- Wardancer, Blades of Loec, Annoyance of Netlings

Noble 120 pts
- Scout, Hail of Doom Arrow

Branchwraith 140 pts
- Lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants

Spellsinger 175 pts
- lvl 2, 2x Dispell scrolls

Core
2x 12 Dryads 144 pts

2x 12 Glade Guard 144 pts

5 Glade Riders 129 pts
-Musician

Special
3 Warhawk Riders 120 pts

5 Wild Riders 173 pts
- Musician, Standard Bearer w/War Banner

7 Wardancers 133 pts
- Musician

Rare
Treeman 285 pts

6 Waywatchers 144 pts

Grand Total: 2250 pts

I changed the Highborn to a Wardancer kindred in order to take advantage of his high Ld. The Noble will support the Waywatchers. I included the Warhawk Riders to give me a little more mobility. So what do you think?

·
4,361 Posts
Actually, I think I preferred your first list. But if you are set on the second, here is what I would suggest.

Dryads should only be 8-9 strong. Get some points dropping the waywatchers to 5.

Change your scout noble to an alter with light armour, shield, and great weapon, along with the hail of doom of course. Helm of the hunt is nice if you can fit it in.

Get the wardancer a ward save of some kind. Stone of the crystal mere or glamourweave look good.

And try to get a 6th wild rider.

There is my opinion,
SirKently

1 - 4 of 4 Posts