sternsx9 + rhino (HS) - 270

10x scouts ,HB - 140
10x scouts ,HB - 140
8x scouts ,HB - 114

Land speeder typoonx3 - 270

total - 2239

Been doing well in games with my friends (necrons, tau, orks and imperial guard), but any advise or peoples opinions would be welcome.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
With just 3 rhinos, they're going to pop easily. Plus, you already have a lot of scoring units. You also have no way to take down heavier armor (AV 113-14). I'd recommend getting 1-2 land raiders, some meltas and getting rid of some scouts/typhoons. Maybe go something like this:

pedro

sternsx10 - meltas x2 - 260
sternsx10 - meltas x2 - 260
sternsx8 + rhino - 235

10x scouts ,HB - 140
10x scouts ,HB - 140

Land speeder typoonx2 - 180

Land raider redeemer - MM - 250
Land raider redeemer - MM - 250

total - 2250

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry fegot to say all scouts have sniper rifles, camo cloaks would be somthing to look into though. I've never had much luck with melta weapons and prefer the sterns to do what they do best with the good old hellfire rounds :D, Land raiders in a 2250 list.. i dunno and i realy dont liek the redeemer, the sterns have enough anti infantry without the flamers and to be fair the scouts are just there to make up the points and to distract the enermy untill the rhinos get there.

i like the typoons just because 18x st8 per turn is alot of fun, against elitist armies you can still get alot in instant kills against their elites which gets people annoyed and that many st8's will take down the better tanks though i do admit i do miss the lasscannons.

·
877 Posts
All I got to say is you have no way to deal with AV 14. I could play you with the following 1k list and not even worry about losing the game.

HQ: Rune Priest: 110 points
- living lightning, tempest's wrath, choosier of the slain

Troops *2: 5 grey hunters: 75 (150) points
- 1 w/ flamer

Heavy Support *2: Land Raider: 250 (500) points
Heavy Support: Land Raider Redeemer 240 points

Yes that list is silly for 1k but your list is over double the points and I could easily see someone having 2+ land raiders at 2250 points. Your speeders will only manage 2 glances on average a turn verse AV 14 and besides them Pedro's orbital and powerfist are the only things that could hurt them and the orbital is the only one that can pen.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
sorry fegot to say all scouts have sniper rifles, camo cloaks would be somthing to look into though. I've never had much luck with melta weapons and prefer the sterns to do what they do best with the good old hellfire rounds :D, Land raiders in a 2250 list.. i dunno and i realy dont liek the redeemer, the sterns have enough anti infantry without the flamers and to be fair the scouts are just there to make up the points and to distract the enermy untill the rhinos get there.

i like the typoons just because 18x st8 per turn is alot of fun, against elitist armies you can still get alot in instant kills against their elites which gets people annoyed and that many st8's will take down the better tanks though i do admit i do miss the lasscannons.
That's fine. You don't have to take LR's at all. Just know that those rhinos will get popped real easily and you have no way to really take down LR's, monos, leman russes and other heavily armored vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts