Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Decided to go with phoenix and add the chariot unit haha, Im most likely gonna run this list initially because I've been working on starting out by buying models that I would employ in a game rather than just collecting everything and I have most of these models already, I still would appreciate feedback or any suggestions you guys have on future investments and what models to expand my army with. THANKKKKS!

2,250 point Tomb Kings Army: Menthuhotep’s Exalted Vice Grip

Tomb King 253
Armour of the Ages
Collar of Shapesh
Sword of Might
Shield

Tomb Prince 199
Chariot of Fire
Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
Hand Weapon
Light Armour
Shield

Liche Priest 160
Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest 168
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Ravening

25 Skeleton Archers 235
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion

3 Chariots 140
Standard Bearer

4 Tomb Swarms 180

19 Tomb Guard 265
Standard Bearer
Icon of Rakaph

4 Ushabti

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Total: 2250

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
4 tomb swarms is really overkill for their number. 2 are all you need, 3 at most and even then thats if you just need a point filler. Drop two of them and pick up:
- FC on the Tomb Guard
- Flail on the Tomb Prince
- Add magic banner to the Chariots

As you have the swarms too, possibly drop a Scorp for 3-5 Carrion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does this list look, I was talking to an employee at games workshop and he said that I would struggle with the list that I have because of the lack of rank and file units in my army, what do you guys think? What do you think the strengths and/or weaknesses of this list are? And as always, any additional improvements and tweaks on this list would be much appreciated, just picked up my chariots and tomb prince in chariot today too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tomb King 253
Armour of the Ages
Collar of Shapesh
Sword of Might
Shield

Tomb Prince 199
Chariot of Fire
Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
Flail
Light Armour

Liche Priest 160
Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest 168
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Ravening

25 Skeleton Archers 235
Standard Bearer
War Banner

3 Chariots 165
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Undying Legion

3 Tomb Swarms

19 Tomb Guard 283
Full Command
Icon of Rakaph

4 Ushabti

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Total: 2,250

·
7,143 Posts
Lack of RnF? Haha... nah. at 2K i run2 units of 20 skellie archers. Thats it for my RnF and they do just fine. If you spend too much on skellies in a TK list, youll miss out on some of the good stuff that can actually KILL! :) Ushabti, Scorps, SSC, Chariots...

the new list looks good :) Still think youll only need 2 Swarms, but id be unsure as to where to recomend spending the points.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i know what you mean i was unsure about including the carrion just because i felt like 2 scorpions could do their job just as well and perform a wider range of other tasks in the game, and as for the tomb swarms the reason i had so many initially was because i was thinking about using them not only for their ICFB but to experiment with using them as sort of a screen for a unit when getting to close combat or soaking up a charge or maybe just march blocking which i honestly dont kow between the carrion and the swarms who would do that better haha the swarms are just an experiment but im not sure ive learned or read to much on their strategy to really deploy them effectively whatcha think??

·
7,143 Posts
Could we possibly have that with some punctuation next time? And more than one sentance please lol :p Just quite hard to read thats all. Anyway:

The main problem with swarms is their incredably low movement. Athough they are swarms, being undead means they cannot do any sory of double movement, much like the rest of the TK army.

Again being Swarms they dont make great tarpit units, their S and T being less than even Skellies. Good speedbumps maybe..

Basically the only really god use they have if for ICFB support with Scorps. And once they have come up and killed something there isnt really a lot for them to do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Haha hey sorry guys, I'll make sure and keep my grammar tidy and concise from now on. I ended up redoing my list, as always. It has a lot of the same units but there's definitely a noticeable difference. What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks again for all your help.

Tomb King
Destroyer of Eternities
Collar of Shapesh
Light Armour

Tomb Prince
Chariot of Fire
Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
Flail
Light Armour

Liche Priest
Hierophant
Cloak of the Dunes
Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Ravening

3 Chariots
Standard Bearer
Icon of the Sacred Eye

20 Skeleton Archers

20 Skeleton Archers

19 Tomb Guard
Full Command
Undying Legion

4 Ushabti

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I'm hoping to be able to reform them before my opponent gets within charge range and use my incantations to get them into combat first or atleast reformed into a block; used mainly as fodder. I'm hoping my shooting phase is effective enough at softening enemy units to where I can take real advantage of fear in close combat.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
How about breaking one unit of 20 into two units of 10? Unless you have a hill, deploying 40 archers in a line will make things tricky. A unit of 20, a frontage of four ranked units, if you put them in a shooting line.

Breaking one unit into two smaller ones makes deployment easier and more versatile. And you can spread out your shooting more if you need to since two sets of 10 can fire at two targets instead of one.

Besides, they're unbreakable and can be brought back. They could be holding/flanking units for the bigger block and the tomb guard.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Looks like a solid list. I'd suggest breaking one unit of 20 archers into 2 units of 10, as it gives you a bit more versatility in what you shoot at. Aside from that everything looks good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and playtest both options when I get the chance, I'd never thought about breaking one unit of 20 into two of ten. I can see the versatility when doing this and that extra target to shoot at does sound key. If all my incantantations go through I can still get all my ranged units to fire off twice as well. I'll try them both out and post the results sometime. Initially I just went for two big blocks because I like the idea of symetry but I'm sure both options have their advantages and disadvantages. Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.