Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Under the old VC rules I was playing a themed Lahmian list, based around a Vampiress who seduced Brettonian Knights and peasants into a cult built around her, and then gave the blood kiss to her favorites. This list is my update of that. The only "rules" are that it needs to have knights/grave guard, and that the Vampire Lord has to have Beguile. Other than that, I'm looking for a solid and balanced list that will be fun to play.

Constructive comments are appreciated.

Lilith, Lady of Storm Peak: Level 3, Forbidden Lore, Lord of the Dead, Beguile, Dread Knight, Dreadlance, Book of Ahrkan

Lilith's Bodyguard: 6 Barded Black Knights, Command, War Banner

Sir Mordred: Wight King, Skeletal Steed, Lance, Gem of Blood

Mordred's Chosen: 6 Black Knights, Command, Banner of the Barrows

Allayne: Vampire, 2 Scrolls, Dark Acolyte, Avatar of Death

24 Skeletons, Command
24 Skeletons, Command
24 Skeletons, Command

5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves: the Lady's pets

4 Fell Bats (modeled on Peg Knights)

4 Cairn Wraiths

2243 points

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
No comments of substance on your composition.. however... I did want to say that I really like your theme!

·
Registered
18 Posts
First of all, I saw some error in your list. Taking dread knight to your vampire lord isn't a good idea, because you are putting it in a black knight unit. The new black knight have special horse who are etheral. Putting a vampire with them would remove this bonus. If you were thinking to play your lord alone without unit it would be a very bad idea, because she is your general and she don't have any protection.

Also for your general I would consider red fury because with the dreadlance you will always hit. With 7s you will need anything exept 1 to kill someone. With all wound that you make you will get a extra attacks. You will likely end with 7 or 8 attack.

I would rather give to your second vampire lord of the dead with dark acolyte since you army have a lot of squelettes it would help you to raise them. I would also consider to drop some squelettes in your regiment in order to get a necromencer. He will help to give you more magic power. You could give him the book or arkhan to give some protection to your vampire lord, because she is very vulnerable.

I'm guessing it's a 2250 pts list, so I will also consider to have a banshee to help the wraiths.

PPnoir

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Gday,

Cool looking list I think. A few things my noob brain can see though:

Don't see why you'de give the Lord Lord of the Dead, If she's hanging around with Black Knights. Maybe swap for Summon creatures of the Night, and any wolves or bats nearby can be healed beyond starting?

Maybe give the Book of Arkhan to another vampire, to help rush the skellies up to catch up with the knights, and give the Lord Crowwn of the Damned. You may need to drop some scrolls and such, but the crown will be worth it, to protect teh General (and stupis on ld10 wont hurt much at all)

Even thoughyou will lose etheral with the Black Knights who are bodyguarding (it's always gonna be a trade off, I'd rather these guys than double points blood knights!) both units are setup really well. The body guard, with barding should dish out plenty of pain, while the Wright Lord led unit maintains M8, and etheral movement, dishing out pain in a different way! Good job there.

Overall, I think it's a really good list. Big unbreakable blocks of Skellies can cause nightmares, and you've got speedy units to back them up.

regards, Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.