Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for those who don't know, Fire Kobolds are gobbos who spit fire, sadly the heroes can't be kobolds though, the tourney's not until next year. I figure I'll need the time to save up for all these green/orange skins:

Heroes and Lords

Goblin Warboss @ 113 Pts
General; Hand Weapon; Light Armor; Ironskin Shield

Goblin Shaman @ 140 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; 1 Dispel Scroll; 1 Power Stone

Goblin Shaman @ 140 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; 1 Dispel Scroll; 1 Power Stone

Goblin Big Boss @ 41 Pts
Hand Weapon; Great Axe; Light Armor

Core

29 Fire Kobolds with light armour and full command 136pts

30 Fire Kobolds with light armour and full command 140pts

2250pts
393 models
A lot of shooting!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ok my advice. Drop the warboss. he is crap. Drop all big bosses. Spend it all on Shamans. buy the lvl 4 shaman as a lord. Give him great magic items, have him with maybe a power stone or 2, and on your hero shamans take a power stone and dispell scroll. nothing like (in shark pool at cancon) boosting your crazy goblin magic.

Drop kobolds for character changes etc.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Where are the rules for these fire kobolds, or are they something made up for this tourney?

Anyway, keep the warboss, you're gonna need the leadership, otherwise one round of bad combat could see a lot of your line fold. Also, see if you can fit in a Battle Standard, as it will come in handy for holding the line.

Apart from that, the only thing I can recommend now is replacing a power stone with double-doin' doo-dahs.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cool list, but animosity could be a real pain in this army or it might not. I forgot the points cost of ditto's double doin doodahs, but if its the right amount I would have one shaman carry 2 scrolls and 1 the stone and ditto's And you might want more hitting power for your warboss, or a standard bearer would be nice. Good Luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MadJackMcJack said:
Where are the rules for these fire kobolds, or are they something made up for this tourney?

Anyway, keep the warboss, you're gonna need the leadership, otherwise one round of bad combat could see a lot of your line fold. Also, see if you can fit in a Battle Standard, as it will come in handy for holding the line.

Apart from that, the only thing I can recommend now is replacing a power stone with double-doin' doo-dahs.
They're in one of the chronicles, I can't remember which, I have their rules memerised though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a shark pool tourney so I could use special characters, back of book lists, chronicles lists, chronicles special characters, gnoblar army, etc, etc.

·
Registered
947 Posts
New unit to existing O&G army list. At the same time were also released Dust Goblins (undead gobbos with blowpipes), Hill Goblins (Weird. How are Gnoblars supposed to be St2 weaklings and big T4 nasties at the same time?), and Troglagobs (Skirmish, Shields, Aquatic, poisoned Javelins... Sound familiar?)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As Teron said its just a new unit, I was just wondering if command groups were worth the points for goblins. I could include a unit or two of wolf riders painted like the rest of the army and just say they aren't trained well enough with their flaming spit so instead they've learned the way of bow and spear. Would it work?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts