Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After playing with VC recently I fancy a change so I've come up with this Wood Elf list I may take to a tournament in January. using this comp.

Spellweaver
-Lv4
-Wand of Wych Elm
-Dispel Scroll

BSB Noble
-Asyendi's Bane
-Hail of Doom Arrow
-Light Armour

Spellsinger
-Dispel Scroll

4x 10 Glade Guard

3x 8 Dryads

3 Treekin
7 Wardancers

5 Wild Riders
-Std,Mus
-Warbanner

5 Waywatchers
Treeman

2245pts
7 Power Dice (1 Bound)
5 Dispel Dice (2 Scrolls)

Now I like this and think it has some potential. Under the restrictions I think this has a good magic phase for not a lot of points (445) and with the re-rolls and almost max defence you can take that side of things is good as well. The other plus is there is a lot in this army. The main thing I want to try is the 40 Glade Guard as it is a lot and will take up a lot of space so I want to see if the 4th unit is worth it, if not there are a number of things that can replace them like Lv2 on the Singer, a 4th Treekin, a 6th Wild Rider, Calignors Stave on the Singer and various command options. So what do you think?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would reccomend dropping the 4th glade guard as you have been contemplating. Its too much shooting in my opinion, and will be really hard to get them all deployed effectivly.

If you drop one, you save 120 points, with that you can afford and extra treekin, wild rider and waywatcher, all of which probably could use the extra model.

·
Registered
241 Posts
After playing with VC recently I fancy a change so I've come up with this Wood Elf list I may take to a tournament in January. using this comp.

Spellweaver
-Lv4
-Wand of Wych Elm
-Dispel Scroll
level 4 not super needed, but eh why not?

BSB Noble
-Asyendi's Bane
-Hail of Doom Arrow
-Light Armour
Does HoDA count 3d6 toward your shot limit or 1 shot per limit? Might be something you want to contact the officials about.

Spellsinger
-Dispel Scroll

4x 10 Glade Guard
to many in my opinion as well drop that 4th

3x 8 Dryads

3 Treekin +1
7 Wardancers

5 Wild Riders + 1
-Std,Mus
-Warbanner

5 Waywatchers +1 (or 2)
Treeman

2245pts
7 Power Dice (1 Bound)
5 Dispel Dice (2 Scrolls)

Now I like this and think it has some potential. Under the restrictions I think this has a good magic phase for not a lot of points (445) and with the re-rolls and almost max defence you can take that side of things is good as well. The other plus is there is a lot in this army. The main thing I want to try is the 40 Glade Guard as it is a lot and will take up a lot of space so I want to see if the 4th unit is worth it, if not there are a number of things that can replace them like Lv2 on the Singer, a 4th Treekin, a 6th Wild Rider, Calignors Stave on the Singer and various command options. So what do you think?

If you drop the level 4 upgrade on the weaver we can also pump WW up to 7. I really enjoy that number for them as 5 always seems a bit weak :/

·
877 Posts
All the advice above is good.

I just think your tourny should be called we hate powerful units and army that are not well rounded using the entire book and so we are gonna hit them with a nerf bat even if that prevents fluff based list from being made. Most of the army comp rules they set have nothing to do with a fluffy army comp, which has always been what comp is in tournies, at least the tournies I have played in, and instead just restricts what you can take.

You couldn't even run like a forest themed army with all Tree and animal type units. I mean heck they don't even let a bloodthirster have immortal fury and if anything was gonna be extremely angry it would be a bloodthirster.

Army comp to me would be like chaos daemons can't take a god type unit if they don't have a character of that type nor may they have more then one god type of unit unless they have all four.

·
I have a cunning plan
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to try the 4th unit to see how it goes as a lot of tournament tables seem to have large areas of open ground so I should get some good use out of the unit, if not then yes I'll drop them and use the points elswhere, another option that I thought of is a 2nd wardancer unit?

The Lv4 on the Weaver isn't needed but that extra spell and power dice does give the magic phase that extra edge to it and with 4 spells she can make better use of the other 2 lores she can pick if the situation is right (Beast Cowers comes to mind).

As to the comp I think it is a very good pack, comp has little to do with allowing fluffy armies in my opinion it is about leveling the field a bit. This pack stops people from taking the overly powerful or unbalanced stuff and things that require little to no thought or tactics. It's obviously not perfect, no comp is but it is a lot better than none at all as the few tournaments each year with no comp is plenty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts